1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OK. I like what I just saw of Norv!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Sep 14, 2008.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He was talking about Ed approaching him after the fumble.
    His words were "Ed told me he blew the call. I find that inexcusable."
    What I really liked about it was that he looked pissed off and fiery!!!

Norv,

Use the next few days to lite a fire up under everybody's a** BUT, you make sure they show up next Monday night to play!!!
    That means "prepared!!!"

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Yea I saw that plus the CBS post game thing but I only caught the end of it, his face was red and you could tell he was really pissed off. He said something to the effect that it's a shame the team's play got negated by one call.

3. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

Holy ****!

Lestat had an epiphany.

Welcome home my long lost bolt friend. Welcome home.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

LOL. I wouldn't call it "epiphany."
    After all, even Ryan Leaf had his moments.

But we'll see where it leads.

5. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Ryan Leaf had bowl movements.

Welcome home anyway.

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

:lol:

Every once in a blue moon, I could see why his arm got so much hype. We just didn't see it enough.

7. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
  8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    The refs jobbed the Bolts twice today.

First,
    The Broncos' first TD should have never happened because Chambers was down BEFORE the ball came out. Everybody with a brain outside of Invesco Field clearly saw that.

That WAS NOT A FUMBLE OR INT or however it will be "officially" recorded.

Second,
    The Broncos' last TD should have never happened because of Cutler's imitation of John Elway in the 1994 Chargers@Broncos game where the ball flipped out of his hand as his arm was GOING BACK.

The refs are told to not be so ****ing quick with blowing the whistle. So what does Ed Hochule do? He blows the whistle too ****ing quickly.

That fumble should have been ruled a recovery by Dobbins and the game would have been over.

9. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    YES PERIOD OVER FKIN RETARDS

10. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    though we are faced with a game that was taken away from us .. it sure was nice seeing the face of QB Jay Culter which was about to swell up in tears in the second half !!!

great job Coach .. :tup:

===================================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    coach - fine
    DC - fired

12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    OK Norv.

Spend today reviewing film from yesterday and getting ALL of the player pi**ed off.

Spend the rest of the week preparing for the Jets.
    It's been two weeks in a row that our players have shown up unprepared and not ready to play. GET THEM FOCUSED!!!

13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Lestat!!!

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

14. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Then when he was asked if he was frustrated during the press conference, he said no, it's not frustrating. He continued, stumbling over words and said, well you get PISSED and then you move on. Nothing will change and the score will forever be 39-38.

I'd love for this man to be as PISSED as the rest of us in here. I've felt heartbroken many, many times because of sports events. Never have I ever felt so ripped off before though and just plain PISSED!!! I hope he unleashes unholy hell on the rest of his opponents and makes sure that a few bad calls by officials can't screw this team. A team can just as easily respond to someone who comes across as very emotional as Norv appears to be. I feel very badly for the team but even more so for Norv because when all is said and done, the losses wind up pointing to him.

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No. If so, he'll lose focus.
    Be pissed after the game and a little today.
    Now focus on beating the Jets!!!

16. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Does everyone remember what the Pat's did after spygate? They shut their mouths and beat everyone that dared to step on the field by 30+.

Get over it, quit *****ing, and get revenge the only way a baller knows how... by calmly beating your adversaries into submission.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Works for me....beat the other teams so badly that even Hochuli can't screw it up!!...oh, and if they could run a double reverse OVER Hochuli the next time we get him, I would really appreciate it.

:tup:

18. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    QFT, my brother, QFT.

:icon_rofl: :abq2:

19. n0b0dysp3cial

n0b0dysp3cial BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I don't know if it was from last night or todays press conference, but Norv had a section bleeped out. I was doing some work with ESPN on, and when Norv was talking there was a bleep. I was surprised and I'm a little curious to see how he's going to act against the Jets.

In my opinion I like Norv as the Chargers head coach. I think a lot of people scrutinize him as a head coach, but the teams he had as a head coach wasn't close to what the 06-08 Chargers are. As an offensive coordinator, his resume is amazing. I think this is his year to prove to the league that he is the head coach you want to have to bring your team to win.

The transition between Marty to Norv was a struggle. Marty gained the respect of his players, made the right calls to get them the wins they needed, and it was as if Marty was their pops who gave them what they wanted. Then when Marty lost his job, it was as if Norv was the step-dad that people weren't sure about.

Now the way I see it, Marty was the coach that got the team fired up, which Norv lacks. And seeing him the way he was last game, I'm kind of curious to see if Norv is going to show a little bit more aggressiveness to bring more points. I would like to see them keep a consistency, take the lead, slow it down a little but don't play too conservative. Still rack up points and don't give a chance for the opposing team to benefit off bone head calls.

20. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    61 minutes of football yes 61 30 seconds running on the field before the game 60 full minutes of play and 30 seconds runing off the field we ned to put a hurting on everyone

21. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Yes, his attituded goes a long way toward leading the team as a whole.