1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ok im bored and got to thinking

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Jun 26, 2013.

1. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,032
    Only other names I'd add to the guard list are Xavier Su'a-Filo if he declares (which he should because he's older than people expect given he did a 2-year Mormon mission already), maybe Wisconsin's Ryan Groy (I like what I've seen from him this year, but I'm still not certain he's not a project as an RG - less so as a LG), Tennessee's Jawuan James. I'd also throw Colorado State's Weston Richburg (he's not the plug-and-play guy that this guy was, but Richburg has an Alex Mack type ceiling if developed right, which Coach D can do) in there, though ultimately I think he'd be a deputize at guard and eventually succeed Big Nick at center type guy in D'Alessandris' blocking system.

2. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +123
    I was really trying to look into Groy. He seems like the prototype OG for Joe D, OT convert from a similar background that Joe D will teach, and a great OL technique school. I'm not sure about Su'a-Filo, though i havne't watched much of him at all.

I haven't heard of Weston Richburg, but just watched him vs Bama, and he looks really solid. He's a guy that if we can get in the 4th or 5th round, i think it would be awesome. But it seems like he's picking up some hype so he may end up a day 2 guy.

3. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +116
    1.cyrus kouandjo LT alabama
    2.Darqueze dennard cb michigan state.
    3.jeremiah attaochu olb georgia tech
    4.davante parker wr louisville
    5.deandre coleman dt california
    6.bennett jackson cb notre dame
    7.Michael dyer rb louisville

4. charger1993

Ratings:
    +116
  5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +633
    No chance Darqueze Dennard makes it to the 2nd round. An " NFL scout" according to ESPN sources said he hasn't seen a CB who can play almost every coverage (man, zone, etc) as well since Deion Sanders. He won't be Primetime, but I think he's a top tier CB at the next level.

Not a fan of Kouandjio, but he's a type of guy, with long arms and light feet, that Joe D likes. Only thing that worries me is his kick slide is a little messy, not worried about his run blocking what so ever coming out of Bama, showed last year in the Bowl game against Notre Dame were they ran off his side multiple times and behind him how well he does.

DeAndre Coleman won't be there in the 5th either, and a 3rd rounder on Attaochu is too high for me IMO. He's a 4th round prospect, unless his measurables move him up.

6. charger1993

Ratings:
    +116
    i made this mock off o current prospect rankings. Im really hoping dennard falls. And attaochu has a high motor and is quick off the sna. Id snatch hm up

7. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I think if we're looking at CB's in the 2nd round, maybe Justin Gilbert or Bradley Roby (who might fall if he doesn't pick his play up). Gilbert might not even be there.

But Dennard has the tape from 2013 and 2012, and its something else man. He's just too good, I think Dennard and Verrett are neck and neck right now for the best CB.

8. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +123
    I'm not sure about Dennard just yet. He's got good tape, but his tape also shows that he really takes advantage of the unlimited contact zone before the catch in college. He is PHYSICAL. He looks like a guy that could get flagged for almost every play in the NFL. He's a damn good coverage man, but i'm a little skeptical that he fits in "todays" NFL (god i hate using that phrase). Ifo could end up the same way, though i'm not entirely sure he comes out. Scouts say a lot of different things about a lot of different players, not all of them are true...

I still am a big fan of Roby. People have really overreacted to how bad he was this year IMO. Especially the game vs Abby and Wisconsin. He only got beat by Abby once, which was when he bit on a big double move with no S help over the top (seemed like he was expecting it, but i obviously dont know). Every other time he was on him, it was either perfect coverage and an amazing catch, or a short catch and an immediate tackle. Dude has cover skills and athleticism for DAYS. Reminds me of Asante Samuel a little bit, he's one scrappy CB too, loves taking on blocks and playing up, but is more athletic in coverage than Dennard.

I'm still a little skeptical of Verrett. He's small and really athletic, but he's pretty weak and isn't physical at all. He seems, at this point, like more of a Nickel to me. He really just looks tiny, i dont think he's 180, closer to 170-175 right now, and probably closer to 5'8" or 5'9". He's got a hell of a ceiling if he can get more physical and some better technique.

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    I think Dennard will be the best CB in his class in the NFL. Still hard to tell, but from what I've seen, and as long as it translates to the NFL and he's put with a team and coaches that utilize his skill set he will be, he's got all the tools. This CB class, you really can't lose from rounds 1-3, at least I think. Verrett, Dennard, Gilbert, Ifo, Colvin, Roby, Exum, Joiner, Hal, Diggs, Fuller and a guy I think is getting over looked and could be a dark horse is Benwikere from SJSU.

10. AusCharged

AusCharged BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    How do you calculate/estimate which pick we'll have in round 1? Obviously relates to where we finish, but can this be calculated accurately, or are there elements of other factors that weigh in?

11. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,032
    I hate Benny... he's sloppy as hell with his technique. Yeah, that can be be corrected, but he's a HUGE work in progress. I'd take EJ Gaines 20 times out of 20 and 21 times on Sunday over him or a good number of other CB's not named Verrett, Dennard (on pure ceiling; I expect him to struggle his rookie campaign if asked to start), and Fuller (assuming his health checks out).

12. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +633
    Yeah watching last years tape and this years its almost a totally different person. Natural hip movement though, just gets turned around a bit in coverage.