1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, is it time to eat a little crow?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Be it here, at .com, twitter, facebook or what ever outlet you have many #Chargers fans have voiced anger, frustration and at times primal hate on the #Chargers front office and General Manager AJ "It is what it is" Smith.

Claims that they are not a winning organization, they don’t know their arse from a hole in the ground, they are trying to ruin the team... etc. are common place, even though it could be argued that #Chargersfans today are witnessing a period where some of the most talented teams 'historically for the #Chargers' are on the field.

The days of hopin that a QB draft prospect will work out, and trading away every 1st round pick are gone.

So this off season we all know what a mess it was, but when the gates opened, The #Chargers horse jumped out to an impressive lead.

The Chargers dove into the free agent pool with more gusto than normal, aggressively signed key veterans and has done what it takes to get ready for the season, no?

So if you were one who was ready to march on #Chargers Park with the pitchfork and torches, have they done enough to change your mind yet? Shall be serve up some SoCal fried crow, or do you feel more is needed?

2. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    Let me be the first to say this is BY FAR the best free agency for the Bolts under AJ Smith. Truly, other than Burnett or Siler departing, AJ kept all our big time players AND added some quality vets. I am DEFINITELY in shock, lets just hope these guys can stay healthy man!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I don't think I've ever hated on AJ.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Disclaimer

this thread is not pointed at any one person...

5. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    I have, not not for a single off season move this year

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    It's funny how the "hot seat" will motivate.

7. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    I am definitely giving the man props for this off-season. In the short time allowed he has done a hell of a job with our team!

8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Pfffttttttt ...... when he'swearing a ring I'll back off. Until then he's done nothing with a lot.

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    How so?

Is it not he and his team that GET US THAT 'a lot'?

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Do we have a Lombardi after being assessed for more than one season as the most talented club in the league?

Lord of No Rings until I see Vince's trophy in San Diego's case. Until then, he's just another guy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    C'mon you know that is a crock of dog doo.

There are a lot of teams that dont have the ring, there are teams that thought they should have it and dont. Your mentility not is that he should do nothing because he has no ring? Really? For true? So basically the Chargers should just terminate all the front office, cause they have no ring? Is that really what you think? Because we have no trophy so it doiesnt matter what they do?

Are you saying that he is not making the move to put us in a position to get that ring that you want to measure the universe by?

Get out of the tough guy routine for a moment. A General Managers job is to get the talent. Are you saying tht because he has also not gone out and caught the winning TD that 'he is just another guy'. Sorry, that is obtuse at best my friend.

Color me in disagreement...:p

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Whatever color disagreement comes in .... you got it. :)

AJ has talked **** about winning championships HIS WAY for a few years now. Do you see one?

I'll get off his *** when he brings one home. Until then, I'll remain as much of a tough guy on him as he wants to portray to the rest of the league. Only I won't be doing it mid-70's temps & a Hawaiian shirt.

Love ya .... mean it. ;)

13. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Buck... so every coach and GM in the history of the Chargers in the NFL have been just another guy too?

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Oh... Now it is on!

MORTAL COMBAT!!!! dun dun dundun dun dun...
    Let me see if I understand your point.

He has worked to put the team in a position to win, which is his job, correct?

But because winning a Superbowl in the NFL is not easy, he is talking out his backside and deserves only a bile shower from you? correct?

So tell me, what is this magical formula that will give the Chargers the Lombardi? I mean, clearly by your standards AJ has done nothing to get us there, I mean lets just go back to the Friesz's, Salisburry's, Moreno's and Leaf's. Lets harken back to trading every 1st round pick for bad players. We clearly dont need players like Rivers, Gates, Weddle, Jackson etc. cause they never got us the ring the rat bastards! We clearly dont need to try and bring talented players in, because hell we dont have a ring yet, so talented players are not needed right?

Lets just throw crap at the wall and see what sticks... Because championships in the NFL are a dime a dozen, we dont need to plan, work, and get a little luck to get there, we should just expect it to appear ther because.... what? We deserve it?

So tell me, what would you do differently. How would General Manager Buck Melanoma (that does have a ring to it, too bad for you it aint no superbowl ring!:p) do to be deserving of a little respect and appreciation? Remember, the bar is perfection, so pray tell, how will you achieve it?

You cant play for the players, so how do you keep them from fumbling? How do you as a GM prevent interceptions?

Because it seems to me you are measuring the GM by what happens on the field, not by what they do to get the players on the field, and that is wrong.

So all that aside, am i correct in assuming that your answer about eating crow is NO? :roflmao:

Love ya .... mean it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    One of his best years in FA ever especially keeping so many good players here

Still wondering about the draft choices but that'll be decided later

16. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34
    Of course its WAY too early too tell, but my gut tells me this will be a SOLID draft. He got football players, and that almost always works itself out. I expect Liuget, Gilchrist, and Mouton to make an impact from the get go whether it be ST or on D.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Never doubted him. I'm loving this new aggro version of AJ in FA this year.

Man, can we please have free agency wait until a week before TC from now on? This has been the most exciting couple of weeks of NFL stuff that I can remember. It's so fun watching teams lose their minds over FAs.

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Can you imagine what Baltimore is thinking right now? "DAMNIT! We had him signed last night! What did AJ do, put a hex on him?!"

19. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Lots of unhappy Ravens fans on twitter right now..

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    It warms the heart does it not? :laugh:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    I like to think the Chargers are always going to do well, even though I may know different.

22. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Let me know when we have legitimate starters opposite Phillips and Spikes...... then I'll get all excited. ;)

23. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Absolutely! :D

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Dont worry, you will always have Jack to bring you back down... LOL!

25. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    I'm immune to his doom and gloom...... call me a bright-sider, but I don't start off the season expecting bad things to happen.

That said, I don't want to rely of hopes of English getting healthy and making a big impact..... that wouldn't be wise. I also don't want to rely on a rookie next to Spikes. OLB and ILB are still the two weak spots on the roster.

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    For any that worry about Buck and me spatten...

[​IMG]

27. Boltzlover

Boltzlover BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    I didn't know you were twins.

28. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Eat Cro

[​IMG]

29. San Diego Football Fan

San Diego Football Fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Wake me up when he's receiving the Lombardi trophy in February.

30. 1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp

1 COOL GUY 13x world Chmp Jesus gives wisdom if you pray for it! Banned

Ratings:
    +4
    This is the best AJ has ever done this off-season GJ! :cool: