1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

ok so

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by bigmike.x.09, Oct 20, 2008.

1. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i feel like i woke up from a really bad dream and from a long night of booze (no, no booze was involved) but what do we do now, like seriously, considering its been a day later and the emotion/hot headedness has somewhat subsided. i know that i made some rather ridiculous comments, and blew my emotion way the hell outta proportion, im pissed, but i cant quit on these guys. given the current situation, being only one game STILL from top dog again, what do we need to do? i dont even think its legit to ask that question, cuz we all know what we need to do, but does the team know? do the coaches know? whats everyone think? after yesterday, if you wanna rip on me, i get it, i hope you guys can pardon my "drunkenness" so to speak.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I think the Donkos loss gave us some hope. All we can do is hope for the best. It shouldn't take much to clinch AFCW.

Rip on you... I didn't think you were doing anything that anybody else wasn't doing.

3. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i think we can still do it, ive tried looking at the season in four game quarters, and it makes our record easier to take in. when we get into the 3rd quarter of this season, and were still playing like this, the LOGICAL worrysome side of me will come out.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    let's at least acknowledge that at 13 pts this was our worst loss of the year, technically though still wasn't as bad as other losses and at least we've never gotten our asses handed to us like Dallas, New Orleans, New England, Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Denver and others have had

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    well, if you want to look at the positive side here goes

The donks are 2-1 in the division, beat Chargers and raiders, lost at KC

The Chargers are 1-1 in the division, won at raiders, lost at Denver

Looks bad for the Chargers, but, assuming the Chargers beat KC twice (not that hard) and beat the raiders at home, they'll have a better division record than the donks if the beat them in the season finale (makes sense?)

So the Chargers have "control of their own destiny" in the division and at the tie breaker

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    True. Last year in Minnesota was the most embarassing loss I recall in quite some time. Let's hope we see nothing like that this season.

On the other hand... the good teams win close games.