1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ok, who do we draft?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thumper, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I need you draft experts to tell me who we're gonna draft and how he's gonna kick major ***. :tup:

2. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I see you guys going with a new MLB proably HB blades and he would be a good fit with donnie likely gone.

3. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Short list 1st round and it will come down to who is on the board and the combine , senior Bowl to sort them out some more.

1) Play-maker kick return duel threat, great fit in Bolt passing attack.

2) Speed run support ball hawk

3)
    Speed ,size cover and run support

4)
    Powerful quick DE/LB Tweener type who could play inside Run Backer or out side rush

5) who can hit and run.

6) No. 80 6'3", 202 He is a bit of a sleeper no exclusive tape on him but he is a good looking kid with size , speed , hands look for 80 # in this tape.

Are at the top of my board right who may drop to us at the 30 spot .

4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Wow, tha rock shows his face over here. After allthe chit you were talkin' about us over at patriotsplanet.com, why don't you rot in hell. Oh wait, that's where your beloved Raiders are right now. :icon_finger:

5. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Im on many sites and dont act you arrogant bolts didnt deserve some smack talk back. you no im not here to troll either.

6. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

dwayne bowe is the only one off that lise that would even make it close to thirty spot dude.

7. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    You have know way of knowing for a fact until we draft. Draft day is always a surprise.

You always make a list and hope someone falls into your lap.

8. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Its very unlikely they fall to you and do you really think AJ will draft a safety or WR? I see him going DT to help jamal or MLB to replace donnie IMO. The WRs/Safetys your speak of will be gone except bowe.

9. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    LaMarr Woodley is NOT an ILB and WILL NOT BE an ILB. His game is coming off the edge, that is it.

10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    SIDNEY RICE!

11. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Woodley played DE and LB in college and the Bolts could draft him and put him at Godfreys position of SILB.

You can bet that Smith will take the B.A. at a position of need and if Woodley falls to us and he is drafted he would be a great fit because he could move between SILB and OLB if we had a injury to Phillips or Merriman as we did in both the regular season as well as the playoffs.

12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +382
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    I think that Smith will take the B.A. on the board at a position of need. I also think that Ginn is a player due to his size that will be a bit of a Gamble and as a result I think he will slip some. I also see Bowe moving up due to his size.

I am a draft nut and one thing I can tell you for sure is that the draft board is not set by a long shot at this time of the year.

14. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223

Home grown.

15. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Agreed, nothing is final untill the combine however sidney rice,dwayne jarett,robert macheum and ted ginn will be gone and ill bank on it unless they have some huge charcter flaw or are doing some drug and get caught. There are alot of team who need WRs in this draft so expect them gone soon.

I can see the pats takeing lamar woodley and the shark jeff from ND

16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,602
    Sidney Rice
    Kyle Young
    Doug Free

17. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Other players can and do shoot up the draft boards as well. Rivers was a 2nd projection and he went to a 1st round and the 4th pick after the Senior Bowl . Leinart fell big time , it happens . DONTE WHITNER was a low a 2nd to low 1st he went 8th in the 1st round on draft day. Marcus McNeil was a 1st on almost every board on the Internet who dropped well into the second round.

2005 TROY WILLIAMSON started out as a 2nd round and ended up a 1st round at the 7th slot. DEMARCUS WARE was another who was a second round projection who after the senior bowl and the combine who sky rocketed. AARON RODGERS was project in 2005 by a lot of boards as the number 1 pick in the draft and he fell to the Pac at 24 #. JASON CAMPBELL was on no ones board as a 1st round pick and he went to the Skins at 25#. MATT JONES was a scrub QB from Ark who was a 5th round pick who size and speed caused the coaches to swicth him to WR at the senior bowl ended up at 21 1st round.

Man there are tons of stories of players moving up and as a result it moves other players down . Don't count on any thing or player as a lock right now.

18. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Trade Michael Turner to Houston for the 8th overall. Take the best Defensive player avail, S SS LB , then with our original 1st rounder, take the best offensive player avail. 2nd round you patch up our OL. I think our needs are at S and WR, then OL. We can look for LB in FA.

19. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

you have got to be kidding with turner. Hes not that good and if seattle indy and baltimoore cant get a 1st or high second for alexzander,edge and jamal lewis you will not get anything but maybe a late third.

20. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

exactly what i said the combine is where it will all be found out.

21. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    You're walking a fine line of trolldom. Don't step over it. :no:

22. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Here is the if thing.

First Turner is an RFA.

My opinion is that AJ will Tender Turner for the highest offer so that the Chargers would get the 1st rd draft pick and the 3rd rd draft pick for any team who wants Turners services.

I agree though that the minium would be a 3rd Rd draft pick but I doubt a low 3rd Rd draft pick.

I would say either a mid high to a high 3rd Rd draft pick for Turner as a Tender offer that the Chargers do not match or exceed as part of their part of the Tender offer.

23. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223

Man you wont get Houston's 8th pick in the 1st round if you offered LT much less Turner.

The Bolts may get a 2nd and that would be great.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

24. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

I agree but i doubt you guys let him go untill his contract is up.

25. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Im not here to troll dude.

26. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20892

Sounds pretty trollish to me. Sure sounds like sour grapes.

27. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Who do we draft?

I'm a bit sick of the "FIRE MARTY" talk .. He's coming back so we are all just going to have to start dealing (have another beer, another shot .. something) ..

So, where do you all think who'll be drafting? AJ always seem to throw a curve ball on us even though we have all been screaming for a bit more WR talent over the years.

28. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Who do we draft?

http://forums.bolttalk.net/forumdisplay.php?f=81

29. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,618
    Who do we draft?

A new coach, hehe.

:p

BEEF. It's what's for drafting.

30. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Really... Rock can't help it... It's so hard to be a Raiders fan these days... He can only find comfort in other teams' wins...

At least he's smart enough to come here and tone it down a bit...

• Like Like x 1