1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Old Chargers Jerseys...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by -Scar-, Feb 25, 2008.

1. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    I'm No Longer In The SD Area So I Have No Idea If It's Even Possible But Is There Anyway Possible I Might Be Able To get A Hold Of An Old Stan Humphries Jersey?

:abq2:

2. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Don't know if they even sell one anymore. The only one I've seen recently was when my brother in laws brother wore one at a recent family party. I think he got it on sale somewhere in the clearance rack. He barely knew who he was too. Being the old guy of the family, I told him who he was and why he's a QB legend for Charger fans in the 90's. I still see Stan throwing a TD bomb to Tony Martin in Pittsburgh in the 94 AFC Championship. Oh, the memories! My nephews pronounced Stan's name, "HUMP-FRIES". Kids these days.....:icon_huh:

3. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    :lol: Yeah I Know....Stan Was Incredible....And History Books Don't Do Him Much Justice For His Incredible Play In My Mind.....

I Liked Him So Much I Actually Thought About Ordering A Custom Jersey With Humphries And 12 On It....

Unfortunately The Jersey Design Changed This Past Season...

4. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    I got mine off ebay a few years ago. An away white and a home blue. You could try there. I got a JJ #83 as well.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Now THAT jersey I would love to get man! JJ was and still is one my favorite Charger receivers. Too bad Gene Klein (owner back then) was a cheap bastard and let him walk.....

[​IMG]

6. TCHDNSD

TCHDNSD BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +28
    He'll always be my favorite Charger. I called him once back in the early 90's and asked him if I sent him a ball, if he'd sign it for me. He was very cool and said no problem. He was at Kansas at that time. That ball and my Fouts ball are probably my most prized Chargers gear.
    I let my brother borrow my JJ jersey when he went to SF back in 06 for that game. He called me when Jackson (also #83) caught a TD. He says to me "I just caught that TD!!!!" I asked if he meant that he got the ball after the score, he said no, it was just his jersey number. Then I saw the play on TV. (stupid delay).

• Like Like x 1
  7. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    *bump*

:icon_shrug:Anybody???

I HAVE TO HAVE THIS JERSEY

8. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Think Maybe If I Get A Blank Replica I Can Have Someone Screen The Name And Number On?

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
  10. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    EBay dude your best bet

11. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I don't look at it like we let him walk, he was too much of a me man.

12. EsDee_in_RI

EsDee_in_RI Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    There was a guy on youtube that had the highlights for the 94 AFC CG but he took it down. I found this though.....Bobby Ross was intense, loved it!!

<div><object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xs2i2&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xs2i2&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs2i2_1994-afc-championship-pregame_sport">1994 AFC Championship Pregame</a></b><br />

13. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
  14. SuperCharger21

SuperCharger21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    I have one just like that one on eBay that I'd be happy to give to a fellow Bolts fan. I'd have to ship it though.

15. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    I make no guarentees about the price because they're usually pretty pricey but still
    http://www.mitchellandness.com/
    has the best selection of old school jersies

16. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205

I'll Take It Sir....

I'm Sure You Have To Want SOMETHING......What's It Gonna Take To Get It Here In Columbus, Ohio, Bro?

I've Wanted This Jersey Since I Was 13 Years Old.....

What Size Is It???

Pretty Good Condition???

17. SuperCharger21

SuperCharger21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    It's in great condition for being around 15 years old. It's a Medium Reebok - nowhere near authentic. I don't really want anything for it, other than for it to go to a Charger fan. If you'd like to send something cool back from Ohio, I wouldn't complain :lol: I've had it in my closet with tons of other jerseys for a while. Just shoot me a PM with how you'd like me to get it to you (we go to Arrowhead every year for the Chargers / Chiefs game, so if you go this year, I could meet you there if you're not comfortable with giving out a mailing address). We'll figure out something!

18. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Check out MY Humphries jersey:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is pretty cool, it's like an alternate Jersey or something. Notice how the lightning bolt is navy blue, the coloring is different than the "official" look back then.

Anyways, I always like to wear bolt gear that is a little different from the norm. This Stan jersey is always in my main jersey rotation.

:tup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Jefferson was great. I don't think it was because Klein was cheap, my understanding was that it was that he hated Howard Slusher, Jefferson's agent. He had a policy against renegotiating contracts, and Jefferson was under contract. I believe that Fred Dean was another one of Slusher's guys. The book "First Down and a Billion" by Klein is a pretty good read, lots of good old time Chargers stuff (from his point of view of course).