1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Olivea was purposely injured by Adalius Thomas.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Sep 16, 2007.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    On the play where Olivea got hurt, LT gets hit by Wilfork. Olivea is blocking Adalius Thomas. Olivea's legs get rolled up behind him and he starts to go down. Yet he stays glued to Thomas. Thomas, instead of trying to get through the block and get to the ball carrier gets his forearms under Olivea's helmet and starts to bend Shane over backwards. He doesn't even try to come off him and stop LT. He looks right at Olivea and continues forcing him until the dude's back just gives.

I just watched it again to be sure. I'm positive. This fuggin' scumbug purposely injured Olivea with no regard for the dude's career. I hope someone jacks that fukwad up and puts him in the hospital. 'cause that's likely where Olivea is going to end up tomorrow. SAD. Just sad. ADALIUS... CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING A COMPLETE PIECE OF ****.

2. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I'll be watching to see what the league does on this one. The replay of what was going on there was quite clear and although there was no flag - this one should earn Adalius Thomas a major fine or more.

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Rivers lost this game for us.

4. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    You are right about this, I also saw the exact same thing.

5. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    This one play didn't lose this game for us .. for sure .. but I was thinking the same thing at the same time .. it just didn't look right.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I agree. Philip was a lost child out there today. But losing Olivea hurt... bad. And watching him get bent backwards on purpose was just fuk'd up. Adalius Thomas better watch his *** next time. I was a little excited when he got injured later in the game. I thought it might have been some retaliation.

7. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    It was pretty much of a team loss. I'm not going to join a pitty party over any one player or phase of the game... (Including, possibly even especially, over Shane Olivia getting knocked out of the game in that particular manner). Quite simply we aren't "there" yet on either Offense or Defense - maybe we will be by mid season...

Gotta remember the reaction when we lost to the Ravens last year - remember that one EC??? I'll hold off on any gloom and doom or blaming an individual player for a loss. At this point in the season its just unseemly to do so. :icon_toast:

8. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Dave...you pretty much got your asses handed to you. It is a GREAT Patriots football team.

9. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    If you can go back and watch the replay of the Olivea injury. I am in no way implying that the outcome would have been much different. But I am saying that Adalius should be a marked man if there's a rematch.

10. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Doing a bit of gloating over that win are you? Interesting - I thought you were beyond that but guess I was wrong.

11. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Bro, we were out classed in EVERY aspect of the game tonite. We were EMBARRASSED on National TV. EMBARRASSED!!!! The sooner we come to terms with this the sooner we can deal with it.

Total DOMINATION.

And it all started with the piss-poor play of our qb.

• Like Like x 1
  12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    True. This is a great Pats team. Which makes it that much more fuk'd up that Thomas would try to purposely injure Olivea. A back injury is serious shiit. Career threatening. He's a fuggin' scumbag now and I hope someone does the same thing to him.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Not the point of my thread, EC. I agree with you. The *** whippin' was thorough and complete.

But I was just disgusted by what Thomas did to Olivea. I hope he gets his knees blown out soon. He's a fuggin' piece of shiit. That's the point of this thread.

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Yes, but we had poor play elsewhere to compound it. The O line is really starting to worry me.

15. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yeah. **** does happen. But most of the time it's not done on purpose. Thomas is a piece of shiit.

16. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Classic. 38-14. Who is the piece of ****?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    Buck, time to fuq off or lose all the goodwill you earned this week you POS. Options: log off or get banned.

There are 14 games left in the season.

18. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You're right. Sorry. I forgot to put you on this list. Goodbye you piece of ****.
    [​IMG]

19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    You might, but your a pats fan and they are classless. We are not and would not.

20. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    On this forum a piece of **** is now defined as a troll who comes in and talks real pretty before the game then trys to spread some fancy unearned smack afterward...

Guess which particular piece of **** I am talking about here?

21. gobigblue

gobigblue BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I completely agree!!! I hope the 6 hour flight home for the players gets them even more pissed off!!!

Regarding Olivea, not to kick a man while he's down but there were many last year who felt he was the weakest link on our line last year. From the looks of his injury, it appears that he'll be missing some significant playing time. I sure hope Clary will fill in well. One thing is certain, Oben won't be deactivated next week!!!

22. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    I think the DC set the tone with his soft gameplan and then next thing you know , its 14-0. No pressure on Bardy at all. Rivers didnt play well but i am very concrned about Ted Cottrell and his soft defensive gameplans.

I like him a lot less tonight and i wasnt high on him to begin with.

We only gave up 3 points to the Bears but they dont have near the talent on their offense that the Patsies do. Benson imo stinks and Grossman....well, need i go on?

23. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Olivea is bad at pass protection on the edge. Decent runblocker. He is the weak link and Oben isnt a strong run blocker but he is a good pass protector.

Clary is just somebody to fill in. We need to draft a RT next year.

Hope Olivea's back isnt injured real bad and he can come back soon.

24. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +346
    I think this is a bunch of BS... From the replay, he was under an unfortnate angle being blocked while on his knees... nothing dirty went down, everyone was playing ball.... my dos pesos...

25. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Adalius Thomas did intentionally try to hurt Olivea. He's just another piece of crap Pat Cheater.

Losing Olivea isn't why we lost, and Clary played decent.

The whole team fucqin' sucked.

26. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    We didnt blitz t all the first two drives and played soft from their WR's. Many time i saw Jammer/Flo up on their WR's and then backed way off at the last minute. If it is a slant, that is an easy completion. Brady wasnt nowhere near under as much pressure a Rivers was.

Cottrell sux!

27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You're wrong. Instead of trying to get to LT (who was already down), Thomas gets underneath Shane's helmet and bends him backward. He can clearly see that the dude's legs are trapped. Calling that angle "unfortunate" is a bit of an understatement. He was helpless.

All Thomas had to do was let him fall to the ground, but he didn't do that. He wasn't playing ball at that point. He was trying to end someone's career, or at the every least, his night. He's a fuggin' piece of shiit.

28. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I saw what you did. It looked like a pretty blatant attempt to injure Olivea. The play was pretty much over and he took a run at Shane.

29. Electric Chair

Ratings:
    +579
    We don't see 90% of the things that go down along the OL. I'm sure it was payback for something.