1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

On a positive note: Yogi Tolbert

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sickswonnyne, Sep 17, 2008.

1. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    I almost forgot amid the garbage referee-ing and the swiss-cheese D and the aerial show between Rivers and Cutler, but didn't the lil' homie Tolbert look AWESOME?

5'9'' 245 lbs, can catch and run, and had people looking twice at him thinking he was a mini-Gates.

I'm a little sorry to say, but with all the hype everyone was throwing out, Jacob Hester is kinda a wasted pick (or two). Sproles was a beast filling in at RB1, and I think Marcus Thomas, the other drafted RB that got swooped up by Detroit, woulda been a decent change of pace for Sproles. Is Hester even on the field? Probably only on special teams, and he isn't making a name for himself there so far. I know he's supposed to have all this heart, and it's early to judge him, but noone knew Tolbert was gonna be this good.

I say we coulda used our second rounder a lil' more wisely, hell even still make that trade with NE for a higher pick, but use it on a different player. Antoine Cason, on the other hand, has looked good.

Sorry not to find something else to bash, I just wanted to give props to our new FB bruiser.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Sorry Bro, you can't have positive thoughts here.

3. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    I really like Tolbert. Good things seem to happen whenever the ball gets in his hands. I was wondering the same thing about Hester. I think I saw him once or twice but that was it. With LT's health problems recently, a rotation of young and fresh runningbacks might be just what the doctor ordered.

4. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Why not? Did he actually add value to his positive thoughts through observation and reflection? WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!

sickswonnyne, next time please don't add any substance to your post.

Just say "CHARGERS ARE AWESOME" and call everyone else a whiner if they don't agree with you.

Rep+ for BFISA!!!! :icon_toast:

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Wow, I couldn't have said that any better if I tried. I've been reluctant to pass quick judgement on Hester and what we gave up for him but geez, who knew Tolbert was going to be THIS GOOD. That little phucker was just flying on the swing pass over the middle, nearly taking it to the house. That may have been more YAC on one play than Lo Neal got in his whole career. Now we have no second next year on top of losing a 5th (I believe). AJ on his merits alone might deserve a pause in premature judgement but sometimes when you're too enamored with someone, it distorts their actual value. I hope Hester proves me wrong but I don't like this too much right now.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    I haven't really seen them use Hester much - so I'm reserving judgement on him. I liked what I saw in preseason tho and am interested to see how he fits into the game plan each week.

Tolbert has great hands and speed to boot. I would also pay $$ to see his "yogi" dance again in the endzone :abq1:

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'll always hold a special place for Lo Neal, but Tolbert is quickly making me miss him less and less. :tup:

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I like Tolbert and Cason got his first interception.

Cason... hold onto the ball. That would have been horrible if you lost that fumble!!!!

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    I understand your take on this but keep in mind that it may take time for Hester to get playing time. Even if Hester doesn't work out I'll still accept AJ's UDFA diamonds that he picks up. Tolbert is a perfect replacement for LoNeil.

10. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Even if Hester doesn't flesh out to what he was hyped up to be (although I think he will eventually), Tolbert more than makes up for it in my eyes. That's my boy! (Enormo too I guess! :lol:)

11. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    Seeing someone in a #20 jersey fumble the ball after an int bout made me Sh*t myself. Luckily (the only luck we had all game) we came up with it.

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    short and clear. I agree. Give Hester some time to get into the game

13. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

I like LoNeal, but he could never have gone 67 yards. "Yogi's" the total package and has pretty much relegated Hester to ST's. Cut Yogi and Mighty Mite Sproles loose!

14. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Even about Yogi?! Not possible.

15. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Nothing Sproles does surprises me anymore. I watched him single-handedly take Oklahoma apart in the Big 12 Title game a few years ago. He's brought that water-bug quick, deceptively strong package with him to the pro level. On the other hand, Yogi is the biggest surprise of all. That fire hydrant was hauling *** on those 67 yards. Shocked me to my toes!!

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    For evidence I offer this thread