1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

On the radar: Darrell Stuckey

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

ESPN
    By Bill Williamson
    6-4-2010

Darrell Stuckey is going to be an interesting player to keep an eye on this summer.

The safety was a fourth-round pick by San Diego. The early offseason camp returns on the Kansas product have been strong. He was sharing starting repetitions during last week’s minicamp with veteran Steve Gregory.

Stuckey has a chance to become a significant contributor right away. He can take advantage of Kevin Ellison’s legal issues. The Chargers had Ellison stay away from minicamp last week after he was arrested for allegedly having 100 Vicodin pills in his possession.

The Chargers are clearly upset with Ellison. He could be released.

Ellison was a sixth-round draft pick last year. He started the final nine games of last season. Still, the Chargers drafted Stuckey to give him an opportunity to take Ellison’s spot. In the aftermath of Ellison’s arrest, Stuckey clearly has to be considered a frontrunner to start.

Stuckey is a big, strong player who has good instincts. He has a chance to play early and Ellison’s off-field issues will expedite his opportunity.

http://espn.go.com/blog/AFCWest/post/_/id/13575

2. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    YESSS another player im high on i hope he can make the center of our defense feared. thats what hurts us is or safetys lets go stuckey

3. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    With Ellison out of the picture I am pretty sure that Stuckey will be a starter and an instant impact. I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad he's a Charger

4. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +162
    yes u do, not only can stuckey help in the pass but he can stuff the run, i love this guy i hope and pray he can make us feared

5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Ellison isn't out of the picture yet. Let the story be told before you just dismiss him as guilty & gone.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    He'll get his chance in training camp but I think we all agree that he's got a massive up hill battle now to regain his starting job. Ellison has to have an outstanding camp and Stuckey has to just suck

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I'd say that it all depends on what comes out of this story. Not one of us here knows the whole story, yet there are plenty who, as usual, are willing to convict already.

He may well end up in AJ's doghouse - to some degree, I suppose he already is. That doesn't mean that he's been convicted of anything nor has lost his chance with the Chargers.

I think that, after seeing him last year, Stuckey or Spillman are quite likely to be an upgrade & not need any help to oust him. I just don't like to see the guy written off before he gets his day in court.