1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

On VJ, Ellison and vacation

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006

Kevin Acee
    Tuesday, June 22, 2010 at 11:25 p.m.

A few things before I drop out of society until mid-July:

• The same team that claimed Kevin Ellison was interested in Vincent Jackson. The Seattle Seahawks called the Chargers regarding their disgruntled wideout, but the Chargers were not interested. I am told they will not trade Jackson, but I wish they would. It makes sense. If they believe he's staying out until mid-November, which everyone close to the situation does, why not get a high pick or players and a high pick for him? I don't think the Seahawks are the only team to have called, but I haven't confirmed that.
    • Marcus McNeill? Get him in. I have a lot of respect for Norv Turner and what he can do with an offense. The protections he's run in the past when players were injured and/or inexperienced were impressive. But I've been watching film of McNeill from late in the season and the playoffs. He was as good as he's ever been. The Chargers love him and want to sign him to a long-term deal eventually. I have pointed out and understand that Antonio Gates is first in line. Gates has been a good soldier after getting railroaded in 2005. He'll wonder what's up if McNeill gets a deal first. But they need to get NcNeill in here.
    • Don't read that as a slight on Brandyn Dombrowski ... OK, it is sort of a slight. But on that same film where McNeill was so good, Dombrowski was pretty good too. He's a viable candidate to beat out Tra Thomas or Jeromey Clary. But he's not McNeill, and he wouldn't tell you he is.
    • I wondered what took so long to release Matt Wilhelm prior to training camp last year. He had been given ample opportunity, simply wasn't physical enough and wasn't going to get any better. I know the Chargers felt the same way (not for the same reasons) about Ellison. They gave him a chance, and he wasn't what they were looking for. But I believe he's a good player who knows how to make plays and will get better.
    • Please relax the next few weeks. The people in the NFL will be doing so. The coaches and front office people leave town. It's their only time to get away. Yes, the Chargers are talking to the agents of their late-round picks, and a couple could sign in the coming weeks. But nothing big is likely to happen this time of year. It so rarely does.
  2. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Aug 17, 2007