1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

One Good Thing About the Jags Game......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Nov 18, 2007.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    We know the trade for Cris Chambers was totally worth it. That guy catches in traffic better than anynody else on our team. He pulled off that crazy catch on the sideline and too a solid hit to the head and held on to the ball. Most of our other receivers drop the ball without anybody else even touching them. Rivers needs to get Norv Turner out of his F#$%ing head. He is over thinking everything and that is all attributed to Norv. Rivers hung around him all summer and was attached to his hip all camp and now Turner is in his head. Some one cut the cord and let Rivers play on instinct like he did last year. He is so erratic. He makes one of the hardest throws in football to Gates for the TD then throws the ball directly into coverage on a short slant. He is killing me right now.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    One Good Thing About the Jags Game...

Imagine if Jackson could actually catch.

3. Boltzzz

Boltzzz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

I totally agree with the Chambers move, he is as good as they get, as far as the rest of our offense, well you be the judge. Rivers sucks this year and I am all for sitting his *** and letting Volek play, could he be any worse?? Hell no he couldnt. I am fu**ing pissed and frustrated as hell with this team right now

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928

Jackson is soooo out of here

Chambers and Parker with Davis in the slot, forget having to worry about receivers not making catches.

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264

Don't forget Legoland (Naanee) too. Except for that one play where he ran the wrong route today, that rookie looks good too.

6. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    he's a pretty good blocker for someone who plays with no fire. he just has a horrible feel for the position and while he has good straight line speed, he is not agile at all and struggles to consistently get open. doesn't have a great understanding of the game. also, he goes down very easily and is injury prone. all in all he will probably have a long NFL career..... as a journeyman.

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    VJ is outta here. I'd definitely say that he's one of the guys that LT is talking about - along with Clinton "I need to sleep in" Hart & Marlon "What's a good angle?" McCree, probably a few others.

Chambers is the ****, IMO. PR's just gotta get him the ball. And where is Malcolm Floyd? Did I miss an injury somewhere?

8. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    To not sound like a hypocrite, you should include LT and Merriman since they brought up players just playing for paychecks and not giving a **** but I suspect that will not happen. Imagine that.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Yeah, I 100% believe Norv has influenced PR too much this year. But I still support PR 100%:tup: He did play much better, despite the 2 INT's. He's not the reason we lost. But we only had the ball what 3 times in the first half???:icon_shrug: Maybe if we had another 2 possessions in the first half the outcome would have been different:icon_shrug:

10. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    A few weeks ago I stated in another thread that we were 4-4 in the first half, and needed to go 6-2 in the second half to be 10-6. Now so far we are 1-1 in the second half, and really when you looked at the schedule before the season started and seen the Jags in week 11, didn't you believe that could be a loss on the road:icon_shrug: I had it penciled in as a loss, so it's not like we lost to the Jets, or Rams, or Dolphins. We did lose to a team that is 7-3, and was 12-4 last year.

We play them again in SD on our home turf in the playoffs, we whipe the field with Garrard:tup:

We can go 10-6:tup:

11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Chambers has been great for this team. He just suits up and plays football unlike so many others. Great trade.

How about making VJ inactive?, bring back Malcom. Light a fire under both their asses. At least Malcom catches the ball if it hits him on the numbers. :icon_party:

12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Man we coulda had Kirk Morrison instead of vjina jackson :icon_evil:

13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Bench Jackson, Start Naanee, activate Floyd.

14. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494

If he could, then beer would flow from the sky instead of rain.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976

An Irish dream boy'o!

[​IMG]

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500

It sure flowed this weekend. :yes::icon_toast:

17. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Ouch, that would have been nice. We also could have had Palomalu instead of Davis/Cough Syryp Man.....:icon_sad:

18. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86

ya Jackson is a huge dissapointment, Chambers is a beast, so glad we got him

19. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    PR last year had 3-4 good games. It is like when you break up with your ex GF you always think of the good times. Lets face facts PR has shown NOTHING last season.

-Rivers still stares down his recievers even though he was told not to and they practiced on it.
    -He still has a weak arm and can't throw the long ball (like it has been since pop warner).
    -He still is the lowest or one of the lowest QB in the league even for his height.
    -He still doesn't change the line just like in college where he rarely if ever changed it.
    -He still gets rattled by the pass rush. Like the Vikings said they looked at last year and this year and noticed the same thing.

PR has a similar completion average this year as he did last year. He is on track for more yards. He has less than half as many sacks with a worst O-line BECAUSE of Norv. He has cited this along with announcers on why he no longer just dives and gets sacked that he throws it out more and he can feel the pressure and run out of it. That has improved b.c of Norv.

However he still stares down his receivers hence the interceptions. We are playing better teams this year and our O-line and LT is not as dominant do you really expect him to surpass his numbers last year?

PR played well against ****** teams last year against average-good teams he had some problems. PR has been getting better not worst. The facts speak for themselves.

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Tough to lay this all at the feet of the "chosen one". Against good teams such as the Bengals last year, he tore *** up. We won twice against the Broncos which also won the heart and *** of BoltDiehard our resident Broncos hater.

There was a stat at the UT which showed Rivers first 25 starts compared to Montana, Manning, Brady, and some other ******** I forget. Rivers was Tops in just about all categories.

Just becareful of starting any Rivers is a pusssy threads :lol: .... cause they will shut you down !! :abq2:

21. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    The Bengals are near the worst against the pass this year and last year they were overrated and still bad against the pass. That was the one good team we beat then again their a high scoring team that really isn't known for their defense.

In the Seattle game he completed only 1/3rd of his passes and considering there were not that many and two were TD he really only had 2-3 real passes the rest being dump offs.