1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

One Guy Who Gives Us a Chance

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Jan 15, 2008.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I was listening to Brian Baldinger on the radio this morning, and he had some interesting observations. To be fair, Baldinger is far from always right. He actually predicted that we would lose to Tennessee in the Wild Card Round. But he does breakdown film for NFL Playbook and these were some of his observations:

--There is no way the Patriots are going to cover the spread. This is going to be a very close game.

--The Jags had a horrible defensive gameplan. They rushed four on almost every play and Kevin Faulk killed them catching dump off passes. He said that if you rush five against the Pats, Faulk will stay into block 100% of the time and Brady will be forced to make more difficult throws.

--The Chargers offensive line is a better pass protecting line than the Patriots.

--The Pats RT, Nick Kaczur, is the worst in the league and can be consistently beaten by Merriman and Phillips.

--The Pats do not have an elite pass rusher that can consistently beat McNeill and Clary.

--The Chargers passing game threw it at will against a much better Indy pass defense last week, and he expects the Chargers will be able to put up lots of points on the Pats.

So we got a little love, but don't worry. There is still plenty of hate to embrace. :icon_twisted:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Cromartie is also a new twist that the Pats did not have to contend with much in the last game. He is going to have an impact on the game. He and jammer may be big this weekend!

3. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
  4. fryeman13579

fryeman13579 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    "I'm not worried about the weather, i'm worried about the chargers"

so somebody is giving us credit

5. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    NO! We don't want any credit. We want everyone to keep downplaying and overlooking us, just like last week.

6. Fouts is God

Fouts is God Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71
    The hoodie appears to hate talking to the press.

One thing can be said about Bilichick, he is focused about the upcoming games against the Chargers and won't entertain any fluff questions (i.e. the weather).

7. Preechr

Preechr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    ...Chambers is also something new for them to worry about.

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I know it's just a pipedream, but just how devastated would Beantown be if the Pats lose this game?

I mean, they're not gonna lose because they are THE GREATEST TEAM EVER ASSEMBLED IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL...

... but I had a dream last night that I was on the East Coast, for vacation, you know... just sightseeing and whatnot...

...I stopped at a gas station and asked: "Which way to Boston?"

...The attendant said: "Didn't you hear? It's gone, man... it's all gone"

:icon_eek:

9. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    There is a couple of local guys he likes if he is one on one with them on the radio he is a lot more open. Also his pressers later in the week are usually more relaxed than the first one. But yeah, he doesn't tolerate dumb questions. You should have hear him before the Jets game when the media wanted to discuss the upcoming post-game handshake.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I think there is a lot of wishful thinking on the part of the national media who are all located on the East Coast. They're vested in the negative attitude they had toward Norval's hire and and the release of Marty. They love them some Packers and some Pats. The only exception to the anti left coast, anti-AFC bias used to be the Raiduhs, but only because Madden was so entertaining in interviews and then became one of them. The Rams and the Niners never had to suffer through that crap, since they were NFL before the merger.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Correct! Thank you for reminding me.:tup:

12. GreyHoodie

GreyHoodie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    Giving the Bolts no chance makes no sense. Bolt beat the defending world champions (and the refs) at the RCA, and are on a 7 game winning streak.

But giving the Bolts an equal chance doesn't make any sense either. The Patriots is the greatest offense ever assembled and has a decent defense that steps very well in the second half.

If LT is 100% the Bolts have a decent chance. W/O LT is a very long shot.