1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

One last plea Mr Spanos!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by leisure, Jan 17, 2007.

1. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    And you realize that bringing in a new coach may set this team back further?

Sure Gruden did it, but how many coaches have brought a team a lombardi in their first season with the team? (I actually don't know the answer to that... so please help me out. :icon_tease:)

2. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    With the talent on this team, Chucky should be brought in. He could get us there. Hell, I hear there is quite a market out here for FA High School Coaches too.

3. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    Tell me which coach you'd like? What coach will magicaly get us that ring? Please do tell.

4. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    "Chucky, Chucky, Chucky"

5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,848
    He has no answers. None of the reactionary crowd do. The remind me of a buncha ladies with their hair in curlers tellin each other how they hate everything... :lol:

6. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    [​IMG]

Sorry L... I feel b*tchy today...

7. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

ya get ride of this cat he blows! I believe we should go after a HS coach. i think a hs coach would do more damage in a playoff game then Marty

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    We can lose with anyone. The players aren't listening to Marty.

9. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Oh yeah, like this is your "One last plea".

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Is Marty FIRED yet ? :icon_shrug:

11. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    At least I got an anwer. Well is Chucky available? Remember that Chucky won against a Raider team that he was very familiar with. They pretty much knew all the audibles the Raiders were calling out. He got the Bucs to the superbowl though so that's got to count for something. Not a bad choice but he hasn't done much latetly.

At this point even though I think don't blame Marty at all for the loss, I'm open to replacing him even if it's to do away with the distraction that is his playoff record. I think mentaly it drains the players and puts extray pressure on them to perform. With that said it's pretty sad that some of our players aren't mentaly tough enough to perform in playoff situations.

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Conc, I remember you pulling the same condescending crap last year when we let Drew walk. You are blind to the fact that if we go 16-0 next season and win every game by 50 points, Marty clenches up like a frog sphincter in January, and it will end up costing us another year off everyones life/career.

I would rather go 10-6 and get a Wild Card with a coach that actually has a chance at winning a Playoff Game than go 14-2 and get the #1 seed with a choker like Marty. We have seen his act twice now. Two home Playoff Games, 0-2. The guy has been the #1 seed 4 different times, and has only won ONE GAME as the #1 seed.

How can you do worse?

13. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Marty in 2007, George W Bush in 2008.

George W is just like Bill Belichick... spreads lies and sends his players to war over bullshit he makes up

14. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    [​IMG]

Dick Dastardly for HC

15. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    fuc it.

"Your mom for HC!"

16. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Besides a couple college coaches who we have no shot at (Carroll and Meyer), there is no UPGRADE currently available

There is no hot assistant this year except maybe Cam/Phillips and i personally dont see either of those guys as good head coaches