1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

One more thing...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    This may have been covered, I've read a ton of posts since yesterday and I can't remember...

Even if Hochuli thought it was a pass instead of a fumble, the freaking ball went BACKWARD, which would have made it a lateral and a live ball. I have no idea what Hochuli thought he saw.

• Like Like x 2
  2. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Hmmmm good point.:icon_huh:

• Like Like x 1
  3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    its a mile high, and he had ate some Rocky Mountain Oysters, coupled with his old age, he had a massive flash back, which caused a big drop in the blood in the brain, and the trails were wonderful

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It's been covered a couple of times and you are CORRECT!
    Why Hochuli just IMMEDIATELY blew the whistle is the biggest puzzle of all. This is not a rook, he's SUPPOSED to be one of the best. Take in what you're seeing, let your brain actually transfer information to your motor skills...wait, wait, I'm asking for too much :no:

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    And mix in some steroids.....

6. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    He was too busy looking at himself in the mirror.

7. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    He was cheating for his Denver Bookie Buddies. He is a cheat!

8. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Or here is another one. He called it an incomplete pass but was anyone around him that could have been considered a legit receiver? I could be wrong but even though he was outside the guards, I thought the ball still had to be thrown past the line of scrimmage? Thus it could have been called an intentional grounding with Dobbins closing in on him.

Phuck!!!! So many ways the call could have benefited us and it could have gone any worse then it did.:icon_evil:

9. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    If, in the refs opinion the ball slips out in the act of throwing, they don't have to call intentional grounding.

To the thread starter's point, that was the most frustrating thing about the whole scenario. Even if he thought it came out when his arm was going forward, the ball went backward and should have been a backward pass and live.

10. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    His biceps didn't let him see :lol: