1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Opening Day Tailgate Pics 090907

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rexy2006, Sep 11, 2007.

1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    • Like Like x 1
  2. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    How cool there is the latte machine!:icon_rofl: ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wow expresso shots haha

3. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Too bad you missed the fun.

Next year, you should buy extra seats to make cash off of and then buy regular seats. The way you are doing it now basically screws you out of the action LIVE. There is nothing better. Sitting at home or at some ghey bar does not cut it.

5. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    No but they are cute. :tup: They belong to one of my oldest friends, Jim who drives a beige van to the games. I have known this dude for 30+ years and he is the longest tenured tailgater along with Brian (neither post here but sometimes they lurk)

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    So what is the deal with the Charger's photographer there?

7. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    They took alot of photos. I asked the dude (forgot his name) if he knew JoelBolt. Dude said yes. I said tell them all at Chargers.com to love us long time here at Bolttalk.com :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Azteca TV (Mexico TV) was there doing an interview with one of the tailgaters as we inflicted verbal pain in the background :abq2:

9. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Thanks for sharing those pics Rexy! That is a good-looking group we have at these tailgaters. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    You should come down, that will make the next picture even better

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Didja have the banners up?:lol:

12. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Dude, I forgot the banners, the mimosas, the soda water for the mojitos and we still won the game. :abq2:

I thought forgetting the mimosas would jinx us and it did not so whew ....... I thought my last Bolttalk banner had gotten ripped off / misplaced and I found it in my shed a few weeks ago. I washed it off, set it out to dry and then I forgot it - fuc. :lol:

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Jesus man, WTF?? :icon_eek: :icon_shrug: :icon_huh:

14. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That hat along with EC finding some weed on the eave of the preseason opener are OMENS. Ms. Trumpy had a hat on as well.

Never worn one at a tailgater so we figured we needed to shake up the **** for a Lombardi. I even got 6 hours sleep before the Home Opener and that has never happened that I can remember in the last 30+ years.

I did not wear my Chargers beads for any tailgate mardi gras flashes. :icon_eek: That is almost a mortal sin. :yes:

15. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
  16. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    He's a Mexican red neck. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116
    Great pics Rexy, to everyone else, it was great to see you all again.

Finally, a quick bit of props to BoltsForLife for bringing seriously, some of the coldest, best-tasting homemade brew I've ever had. If I could figure out how to get that chit to the market, I'd be selling it.:icon_toast:

18. PhilipRivers#1

PhilipRivers#1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +464
    I was sweatin' it for the first half or so. :tup: :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  19. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Thanks for the pics. :tup:

20. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    good times indeed !! just want to mention that it was bad *** reeking havoc with you all .. that peice of earth is were i also want to powwow again !!! :bolt:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The earlier you get there, the easier it is to get us all lined up in a row. :tup: Pinche cops were hassling me for saving spots 5 minutes after I got there.

I tell fans who have never attended, it is the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I call it the Bolt temple of hedonistic worship to the Bolt Gods.

Plus you have a truck and that is always a good thing for the tailgaters. I am about out of room in my truck to bring anything else so bringing coolers helps out...........sometimes people trolley and need cooler space........

22. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    my game plan was way off .. leaving 40min. late was not cool !!! i need to inforce a 24 hour pregame rule to my demons !!! thank god the weather was cool and the menudo was hot !!!

let me know what else is needed and its there ..

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I need to get there at like 8am or something to get a damn spot

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    That menudo looked like killer ****. :tup: I cooked a batch for one game about 10 years ago and it was a hit. Con pata (with hoof).

I have a 24 hour pre-game rule as well. No cervezas = no hangover or the shits on gameday.

You keep bringing that grill you have, if that is cool, and we can cook up the carne and chicken much faster (15 pounds). My grill can be used to heat the tortillas. That way we can get an assembly going and it gives me more time to get hammered and play the horn for the media and all the fans. We have needed a second grill for years but I just do not have the space so that is a tremendous help. Big time. :tup: We can also use some of the tailgate funds we collected to help pay for propane. I will make it right one way or another. :nana_rasta: :icon_beerbang: :icon_high: :football:

25. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    You have to hit the first entrance to the stadium going WEST on Friars Road or you are screwed to get to our area.

The cops have been all over us trying to save spots so if you guys get there earlier, it is less of a pain.

The way I see it, if I am driving 160 mile round trip and if I can manage to be early (for 3-4 decades now), so can most of you as well.

Get to bed early and do not get hammered the night before.....It is no fun going to the games spent.

26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    I know that part
    but I WANNA SLEEP!!!!!!!!

oh and on a side note, I go down friars east from my house so I'm having quite a few problems getting into the right area

27. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Oppps...I meant to say going EAST on Friars Road. The first entrance is the one you need to hit versus the Main entrance otherwise, if sleep is a premium, use the trolley.

Trying to park as 10AM approaches is a nightmare. It use to be that arriving 10-11 am was still cool but not anymore. 9:30 is still good but pushing it. The Chargers have become popular and the parking is reflective of what is happening on the field.

28. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,929
    you go on the first one BUT you have to bear far left, if you go to the right you'll get looped around to the east end of the endzone