1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Operation Jammer and Scifres to Hawaii COMMENCES

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Oct 16, 2008.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    OK Bolttalkers listen up
    I know we will all at some point go to the NFL website and vote on pro-bowlers, and we plan on sending Chargers in droves to Hawaii. However I need to highlight two players in great need of your votes, more then the others.

1. Quentin Jammer
    Let's face it, he's become a very good corner and he doesn't get any love because A) He doesn't get many INTs and B) People don't test him that much anymore. He deserves to make the trip because of how much he has improved and how he has turned from a bad joke into the most solid and dependable DB we got.

2. MIKE SCIFRES
    Talk about getting screwed, Ed Houchili doesn't have anything on poor Mike Scifres. He's been one of the best punters in the league for three straight years. No one touches his ability to both boom the ball into the next county but also he is able to pin opponents deep with beautiful kicks. He has been among the best at punts that have been called for fair catches and is among the leaders in pinning opponents at the 20, 10 and 5 yard lines. He gets screwed EVERY YEAR by someone, namely by that ****tard Shane Lechler because SOMEONE from Oakland always HAS TO make the pro bowl (anyone remember the last time we got that when we were bad? Oh yeah that's right, NEVER!). So more then anyone we have to get Scifres in.

That's why I'm pushing for a long sustained campaign of voting above all else for these two individuals. Let's face it, LT, Gates, Rivers, and others will probably make it in without too much trouble. But these two need our help more then any one else.

So come on Bolttalkers, let's send Scifres and Jammer to Honolulu!!!

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Already voted several times for both and will continue to do so as long as I have to.

Also, add Rivers to that list.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Vote early, vote often!!!! :abq1: :abq2:

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I've voted for Jammer many times already. It is sad watching Champ get burned as often as he does and then get in on reputation alone. Same goes for many others.

The Pro Bowl is a joke in that regard. Rarely does a player really warranting recognition get in. Scifres is an excellent example. Yer man Lechler outkicks his coverage all the time. Punting should be based on nett average period.

PS. it is uncanny how Ant describes what we all thought of Jammer about 2 years ago. I have to admit I hated on the guy and was scared shitless everytime a pass went his way. He was a one man yellow flag machine, not now though, props to Jam bigtime.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Funny what a little competition will do to a player huh? I imagine it's pretty tough for a vet like Jammer to look across the field and see Cromartie, 5 years his junior, making all the plays.

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
  7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Done.

8. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings: