1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Opportunity Window Getting Bigger

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    :bolt:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/09/08/jags.ap/index.html

...Another blow to another major player in the AFC race to the Lombardi. The Jags O-Line is in shambles. The Colts looked rustier than the Bolts and are without a healthy center Jeff Saturday. The Patsies are casualites of the Karma Police.
    This is it boys...let's put Sunday aside and drive this train throught that gaping hole of a window :bolt:

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    As far as I'm concerned that window was shattered by Brenard Pollard, finally a Chief that's good for something.

3. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I can't see how we can't win the super bowl, there is practically no window at this point (meaning we are destined) all we need to do is work on the tackling

4. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    The tackling will improve as guys who did not see much action in the preseason get up to speed. I caught highlights of some of the other games and it seemed the tackling overall was not very good. This will be righted, one way or another.

Keep the faith all.

5. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...It's not just the tackling. There seems to be a lack of physicality. Our front seven is getting pushed around and that's something I don't believe I've ever seen with a Charger defense. Sometimes intensity is a reflection of your defensive coach. We need some balls out, unleash the dogs, fury..like they do in Philly and Pittsburgh. I don't understand this soft mamby, pamby bullcrap :no:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Me, either. Turnovers are great, but don't sit back & wait for them. Defenses are made to ATTACK, not sit back & wait.

**** Teddy. Give Rivera a shot. :icon_twisted:

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Turnovers will come, but only if we attck. Just ask Peyton Manning.

8. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    Cotrell needs to take his game plan from the Colts game last year and simply apply it to every game.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Jesus.

How about we WIN a game this season first before we all buy airline tickets and start booking rooms in Tampa?

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Other than LT, the starters need more exhibish action before the first game. I am a bit worried about Jamal's pins, since he was pushed around so much. If it's a lack of game shape he'll play better, but if his knees are weak than we better play someone else.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I want this window thrown open by OUR play, not someone else's misfortunes.