1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Osgood agrees to four-year contract

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by T10, Jan 27, 2006.

1. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    The San Diego Chargers have agreed to terms with special teams standout Kassim Osgood on a new four-year contract. Osgood’s current contract was due to expire in March.

“Kassim is an outstanding special teams performer and a rising quality receiver,” said General Manager A.J. Smith. “He has championship work ethic and character. He’s the kind of player you need to win championships. We’re thrilled to have him with us the next four years.”

Last season Osgood was one of the AFC’s most dominant special teams players until he suffered a torn pectoral muscle on Dec. 4. At the time of his injury he was leading the team in special teams tackles with 19. Despite missing the final four games, Osgood finished the season ranked second on the team behind Hanik Milligan’s 21 tackles. Milligan was voted to the AFC Pro Bowl squad as the conference’s top special teams performer. Osgood also caught two passes during the season.

http://www.chargers.com/news/pr_headline_detail.cfm?press_release_key=650

2. REALBOLTFAN

REALBOLTFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    I was elated that he got a 4 year deal.. I have had the pleasure of speaking with him a couple times and the guy is awesome on and off the field.. not to mention the charity work he does.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    Kassim's definitely a quality guy. I was suprised however that he chose to stay here. Osgood expressed his desire to play more at WR, and I really don't see him getting additional reps here with VJ, Keenan, and Parker ahead of him.

4. REALBOLTFAN

REALBOLTFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed..