1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Osgood asks to be traded

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, May 21, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    He said he is upset with his role on the team and is done with offseason coaching sessions until he is traded.

Just rolled across the ticker on ESPN.

So long, *******. :icon_evil:

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :wave:

Idiot.

• Like Like x 2
  3. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Good!!

Take EP with you!!!

:lol:

4. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I'm not sure why that's news. Didn't he say that months ago?

5. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    who is kassim osgood? LOL nobody really knows other then charger fans anyway, anyone seeing on the espn ticker is asking them selfs that question

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Not sure that he'd made it "official". Mebbe so - I'm asleep at the wheel most of the time anyway. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Yup. I say "unless we get a trade offer to benefit us, keep him here and make him play special teams."

• Like Like x 1
  8. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    For the last three years we have had one of our bubbas on the pro bowl squad as the ST Rep (Hanik, Osgood and Osgood).... Is it the person or scheme or a combination of both? I don't know, but I think we have people who can step up and take his roll on ST. It's a bummer that he doesn't see what everyone else sees in him. By standards we have an "average" WR corps at best. All good, but none great. His chances of making a squad at anything better than a # 4 or 5 would be tough IMO. And, that team would probably suck!

He has a golden opportunity here to play ST and excel at it. He has a huge opportunity to win a SB ring here. Who the hell is his advisor???? He is known as one of the best in the business. Why walk away from that via "demands" .

Osgood doing this would be like David Binn asking to be the starting center (full time) on a team and not "just" the long snapper. Or a baseball comparison would be Tim Flannary asking to be traded so he can start at SS somewhere... Flan was a utility man, he knew it. Osgood is a ST's pro, he needs to realize it. There have been plenty of guys who have made a ton of money working only special teams.

TBF

• Like Like x 1
  9. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    What are we supposed to trade him for???

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126

Pretty much.

If I'm A.J., I tell Osgood "Have your agent see what he can work out in the way of trade compensation, and if it's good enough, we'll trade you."

I can't imagine that any compensation offered would be good enough... What team would give up more than, at most, a 5th Rounder. If that...

Osgood is very good at what he does, but that doesn't make him worth a lot to other teams.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Kassim has been one of my favorites since watching him play @ State.

I have met him, hung out with him a few times, and cheered for him. He is a nice guy, great w/ the fans, and generally fun to be around.

I understand his frustration, but man, is he so selfish that he's willing to leave a team with a legit shot at winning the Super Bowl, NOW, for a shot at starting somewhere else? I guess so, and that's sad.

So, as a fan I say thanks for the memories Kassim. Too bad it had to end this way. Good luck somewhere else, because you have official worn out your welcome.

BTW, we're all gonna laugh when you wind up in Atlanta playing special teams and being the 4th string reciever.

12. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

didnt he say this like 4 months ago?

13. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    AJ already said that Kassim isn't going anywhere. AJ has him by the balls and won't let go. Kassim will be a Bolt for the next two seasons.

And then he'll be a 30-year-old free agent WR with 4 receptions in 5 years. Good luck with that Kassim.

14. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    The best thing Kassim ever did was run down Dante Hall a few years back....

15. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Didn't I say that like 10 posts ago?:lol:

16. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    A draft pick I presume. It will be interesting seeing what happens. I wouldn't put it past the chargers to tell osgood to make it known and start asking for the trade just to advertise that he's available for a good draft pick. Were so loaded at wr now it might actually be difficult to impossible to keep most of the wr's we have now.

17. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    That's the part that seems so mind-blowing to me... does he actually think he'd be able to crack the lineup as a receiver on anything but a god-awful team? :icon_shrug:

Even then, he'd have lotto-type odds of being a starter. Which means he's burning bridges with a championship level team, hoping to create an opportunity for himself to have maybe 8 catches in a season on a 3-13 club?!

18. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    New article about Osgood. What do you guys think?

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Is that Sheik Yerbouti? Kassim must be ready to roam the sands.

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    :lol: Maybe roam the Miami beaches? :icon_shrug:

21. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Cut his whiny ***.

22. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'm posting this more for the humor. What kind of people do they hire to write at this website? Osgood moving to defensive end?

Yeah right. :tdown:

23. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Just saw you already had this after I dropped it in another thread.

Situational pass rusher .... hell, who needs Jason Taylor when we already have Kassim Osgood !!!

24. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    DE Osgood has a Dobie Gillis ring to it. They mention safety, too. That's not so far fetched.

25. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243

It's just as stupid. Osgood would get eaten alive as a safety.