1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Osgood gets closer to getting his wish

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Feb 17, 2010.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Osgood gets closer to getting his wish

Posted by Mike Florio on February 17, 2010 3:36 PM ET
    Chargers receiver Kassim Osgood has been in recent years one of the best special teams players in all of football.

But he hasn't been happy, because he has wanted more opportunities on offense.

Along the way, he took a slap at coach Norv Turner during the 2008 season, calling him a "good coordinator."

Eventually, the Chargers tried to trade Osgood, but found no takers. Now, Osgood will hit the open market on March 5, and he'll have a chance to find a team that will give him a chance to supplement his special teams work with running routes and catching passes.

The rest of the AFC West free agents, restricted and unrestricted, can be seen right here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/17/osgood-gets-closer-to-getting-his-wish/

2. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I like KO, but he is crazy if he thinks he can be a WR in the NFL IMO. He has proven he does not have good hands. We will miss him on ST if he leaves.

3. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    If he goes somwhere else he still will only be paid as a ST. Does he really think he is going to get WR $? I think he needs a new agent or he should just be honest with everyone and say I am going to get paid as much as I can while I can. Which is ok with me.

4. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    What makes you think it has anything to do with money? The guy just wants to play the position he has played his whole life.

Listen to him rather than making uninformed judgement.
    http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/16115.mp3

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    i don't think he'll find a place willing to do that, they'll put him in at ST and then realize that's what he does and he's just not a good WR. I don't blame him for doing this but I think he's speaking from pride and heart rather then his head

• Like Like x 1
  6. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    If he doesn't feel he has a legit shot to be a WR on a team, and he will have a role just like he has here, he will end up staying.

Listen to the interview I posted, it is very telling about what he wants and what he is looking for

7. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    Why would anyone want him as a WR? There is nothing to go on. So if someone wants him its because he is a Pro Bowl ST. I wish him nothing but the best. I just dont get his motivation to become a WR at this point in his career. I heard that Iview live and was impressed with him. He is a good guy who I want back on our team. I just think its weird he wants out to be a WR. But really shouldn't it be about money? More power to KO and his desires.

8. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +367
    Just curious... It seems like every TC Osgood "looks good" as a WR, then catches a few passes in pre-season games, so when exactly did he get the rep for "stone hands"?.

9. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Early on in his career when he actually had a shot to play WR on this team. It's not like we've been loaded at WR for the time he's been here.

10. JUGGERNAUT

JUGGERNAUT BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    I think his hands are fine. He was unstoppable at sdsu. I just don't think he creates a lot of seperation; he ain't all that quick.

11. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    He deserves to do whatever he wants. He's earned it. The Chargers have been afraid to use him at WR because he proved to be so valuable on ST. He got into the NFL as a receiver and ended up being a stud special teamer...in this league that usually gets you a few more reps at the more desired position than he has been given. Any time he's played WR this year he's looked solid. And he is fast did you see him run down Jamal Charles in the game vs. KC. Jamal is fast as hell.

12. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Kassim Osgood is the next coming of Jerry Rice, watch out mofos

13. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Corrected :lol: