1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Osgood haters

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Suck it.

First my boy Kassim has a TD catch where he ran past his guy by 5 yards and had to slow down to make the grab, and then on the next play after the point after, he stops the ball carrier cold on the kickoff.

Anyone who wants to cuts Kassim is insane.

:tup:

2. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    just got home and caught the highlights, glad he had a good game:tup:

3. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    If he could do that on gameday against the 1st string, his initials would be VJ. :icon_eek:

Awesome ST Playa. Never panned out as a WR. :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Hey RTL,

Why don't you take a page out of YOUR own book and tell Osgood to "shut up and play?" Nobody had anything bad to say about him till he opened his sissy little mouth!!! :yes:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    He opened his mouth when?

This is directed at the people who wanted him cut. I guess I should have spelled it out more clearly for you, maybe =drawn a few pictures in crayon or something.

:lol: butthurt :icon_rofl:

6. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What happened to your memory? He asked to be traded two seasons ago.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :yawn:

It must be close to the start of the season. B4L is already in crying about everything RTL posts mode.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Pointing out your blunders is not crying. No need to get defensive.

If LT says something like "what a beautiful day it is..." you verbally tear him to shreds for speaking. Same goes for any other player.

So I'm just wondering why Osgood is a special exception to YOUR rules. Why do YOUR rules not apply to Osgood?
    Do you have a crush on him?

Suggestions... check your emotions and think before you post.

9. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    oh the irony

also, way to make up ****, as usual

10. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Osgood has been making noise the last three years, complaining about not getting time at wideout. Then last season, he refused to call Norv a good headcoach, instead opting to refer to him as an "offensive coordinator" more than once in an interview. Enjoy him while you can, because he's gone next year.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    So why Osgood is a special exception to YOUR rules?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    And what, pray tell you, are MY rules?

:popcorn:

Again I remind you, this thread is a STFU to all the people who want us to cut him

13. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm all for keeping him here. Just realize, it's against his will. He mentioned that he wants to be traded.

14. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    Cut Kassim!

15. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'm still waiting for you to explain what "my rules" are exactly, Mr. King of saying something once then never following up when pressed for an answer.

16. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Delighted for Kassim, with his play last nite. Hope that puts to bed the doubts about him making the 53.

Having said that if this isn't his last yr in SD I will be totally stunned. No way will he be here for 2010 imho.

When he started going public about wanting to move on to get some opps at playing WR in the league the silence from other teams was deafening. Reckon he copped himself on and decided to keep his nose clean and mouth shut ever since.

17. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Whoopeeeee!!

Stonehands Ozgood finally makes a catch in a game and now he is HoF material. :lol:

I don't hate him, and don't want him to be cut. But there are going to be some very hard cuts and I would not be surprised if he is cut. I also will not be surprised if he isn't. :popcorn:

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I doubt seriously if Kassim will be cut. He is a superb ST guy and depth in what may be the deepest battery in the league. Virtually everyone could start on a number of teams in the league-including Kassim. The possible exception would be Davis, but we'll see if he has it this season.

19. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Who ever said to cut Osgood? Not being a smartass, just haven't ever seen anyone say that on this board.

Personally, I've always thought he deserved a shot at wr, unfortunately, there are just too many people ahead of him. He's no wr2, or slot guy. I wouldn't ***** if he were in Floyds position, or had been for a while. It's just a tough roster for him to be on.

20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That is incorrect. Osgood has said nothing but that he would do what he is asked. He does want to play WR, nothing wrong with that. But his agent is the one who said that Osgood wants to play WR.

Osgood has only ever said that he will play where he is told to, he reiterated as much to me when I interviewed him at camp this year.

21. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Article with him complaining about not getting a shot at receiver.

KFFL link documenting the process of us trying to get a pick for Osgood, after he requested to be traded.

Link to the article this year detailing how we put Osgood on the trading block, a year after he requested it to happen

23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
  24. vegasboy

vegasboy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +21
    I don't know where you have been but there were plenty of people on here saying to cut Osgood when he whinned about not getting to play WR.

I am not saying to keep or cut him but he is a great not just good ST player. If he doesn't recover that onside kick in KC last year, we don't go to the playoffs.

I remember a few posts saying that we could easily replace him as we did Hanik Milligan a few years ago. That may or may not be true but I still think he is a great ST guy.

GO CHARGERS!:bolt:

25. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Kassim stays!

FUK YEAH! Eat it haters!

26. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Man I was watching the 07-08 Titans OT game..

We won that game because Kassim. He's a beast. :abq2:

27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Read the text next to your avatar.

28. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

No. It absolutely correct. You and RTL need to work on our memory. He said that the Chargers won't give him a chance at WR, so he wanted to be traded.

But like I said "we're keeping him ere against his will." I'm all for it but keep him at Special Teams.

29. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I have seen the articles. I see NOTHING wrong with a player having the desire to play. NOTHING! When I spoke with him face to face, not reading someone's interpretation of what he meant, he was clear. He wanted to play Wide Receiver but would play where ever the Chargers needed him to play. There is NOTHING wrong with that in my book.

Now you and some other posters may see this as a problem, frankly I dont care. AJ Smith and Norv Turner have put together a stellar team and Osgood is still part of it, So not matter what obtuse bit of literary phlegm you spew about it the fact is still the same, he is helping the Chargers and the people who know football have seen that.

30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Thanks for the thread, RTL!! :lol:

If it meant we keep another OL, like Shelton, I'd cut him or Hart yesterday. If that makes me a hater, then here I am.

All in all, I'm good with the roster, but OL depth/experience bothers me. Our starters need to stay healthy.