1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OSGOOD lines up at WR in Pro Bowl

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I don't know how many people noticed this but Osgood lined up at WR for the AFC, and had a pass thrown to him in the end zone by Derek Anderson that was incomplete.

Perhaps this is something we might see next year in 3 or 4 WR sets:icon_shrug: :tup:

2. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    My husband mentioned that. Norv taking advantage of being the coach, huh? How'd Norv get to coach? Did Dungy blow it off?

3. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117

The Head Coach who loses the AFC and NFC championship games gets to be Head Coach in the Pro Bowl.

4. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Osgood lined up again on the AFC's final play, and Derek Anderson threw to him AGAIN in the End Zone, but the NFC picked it off to seal the game.

How cool would it have been to see Osgood catch 1 or 2 TD passes:tup:

5. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings:
    +94
    Thanks dude! I thought the coaches from last year's SB coached this year. Makes sense now.

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    GO #81...

7. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I think at least part of that was Norv throwing him a bone like he did Lo Neal and I love how Norv made sure he got our guys involved. :tup:

I know it's a different game but McNeil was getting beat up by Usi (#72) from the Giants and by the end of the game Norv had him at right tackle.

Cro is going to tear ths league a new *** like it has never seen. That guy is a freak. :yes: :abq2:

Gonna be fun next year. :bolt:

8. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    man ur right cro is unreal bro

9. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Kassim played wideout last year also. They do that for each special teamer. Ayenbedajo played linebacker for the NFC as well.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    That's definitely something to store away for future reference, both by Norv and by McNeil. And yeah lets face it Lo-Lo might not be a Charger in a few weeks so it was a nice gesture by Norv.

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I thought McNeill did fine against Osi, as good as anyone. The reason why he was moved I believe, was because they had at least three left tackles on the roster. Thomas, Light, and McNeill all played, and all got rotated between LT and RT.

12. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    On a different note, Fred Dean wasn't at the Pro Bowl when they recognized the guys going into the Hall of Fame. They didn't even give him a tribute or anything. I wonder why?

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I saw them interviewing Dean. You musta missed it. :icon_shrug:

Cro, Cro, Cro. That guy is really a special player. Get him signed long-term ASAP, AJ!! :tup:

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I love it.

1.) Osgood was suppose to be trash.

2.) McNeill will never make it at this level because he is a "waist bender"

3.) Olivea is a guard and moves well enough at tackle to do it. :icon_rofl:

4.) Clinton Hart is as scrub (the destruction of Cutler haunts dreams)

5.) Rivers supporters are not real Chargers fans

6.) Where are the secret forums so I can pretend to be your friend and then talk **** behind your back like school girls.

7.) I enjoy telling the MODS how to do their jobs because I think I am somebody.

Oh and can I make a movie out of all of this? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    He was put at RT because nothing but left tackles were asked to come to the game. :yes: otherwise, he played a damn good game.

Not bad for the guy who would never make it in the pros according to the self proclaimed savants.

16. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

OK I didn't know that but Osi gave him fits and was forcing the QB's to step-up in the pocket quite a bit. I love McNeil and these were pro-bowlers.

I like Norv more and more all the time and I think the dude got a huge monkey off his back this year and is now devising his plans to tear everybody a new *** next year all the while keeping that ****-eating grin on his face. :lol: :bolt: :yes:

17. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    The announcers had said nothing but left tackles had been invited and went on to mention the RT spot uses different techniques (no kidding) and that all the probowlers share these techniques with each other especially the DE's.

That is why we saw McNeill moved from LT to RT. The dude is stud enough to play both spots plus his fellow LT's needed their reps.

Norv grew up before our very eyes and when he went mental on the refs, I got mass wood.

18. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Osgood would of at least one TD if Derek Anderson could throw it better. He had one of the worst performances of any QB in the Probowl.

19. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Osgood caught everything thrown his way last year but the haters will always be the haters.

There was one pass last season where Osgood got effing blasted on a pass play but hung onto the ball.

Of course, the haters will never admit they are wrong due to puny forum egos.

20. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I loved it that Norv threw the brotha a bone *man*... shoudda put him in there with a QB that can actually throw tho...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    LoNeal got the biggest bone.

When the AFC got the ball to around the 2 yard line, Norv dialed up LoNeal's # on a FB dive.

The announcers said that most likely that would be the only attempt LoNeal would be given.

I screamed out bullshit give LoNeal the ball again.

They did and ran the same play and the result ...... TD.

I was bumming thinking that was LoNeal's last time to don the Bolts. :icon_sad:

22. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Since Norv was mentioned, on ESPN they showed all the coaches under Dan Snyder and Norv was the only one with a winning record (17-12). :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Think Norv Turner's looking pretty good to those Redskin fans right now?

• Like Like x 2
  24. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    Before the season a Redskins fan told me Norv would break my heart. I suppose he could still, but he is looking pretty good so far.

25. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    At the Pro Bowl? I was sitting right next to the end zone where Darrell Green, Art Monk, Andre Tippett, Gary Zimmerman and Emmitt Thomas all came off the field, but no Fred Dean. I didn't even hear them mention his name during the ceremony. I guess I just miss it.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Fred Dean was interviewed at the ProBowl. Not the most inspiring of speakers.

27. chargerlipz

Ratings:
    +151
    I guess I just missed him then. I must have been too busy checking out the cheerleaders or picking my nose or something.:icon_shrug:

28. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171

Did you guys get any pics with Chargers players?

29. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_rofl::abq2: