1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Osgood Whining About Not Playing

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdchrger, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It is dead nuts is what it is.

We saw a prime example in Olivea. Clary is just much better but Olivea started because he had "the salary". Why is that? Same **** with Clinton Hart but in his case the salary was ahead of him in McCree.

Salary politics and who plays is a two edged sword.

By admitting you made a mistake (to play or sit a player), puts your balls out on the line. In any business, you just pray you have enough atta boys to cover your fuc ups.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

people forget that Olivea was hurt. nobody beat him out of anything.

and Clary wasn't here the year before so how could Shane being playing over Clary for salary reasons?? :icon_huh::icon_huh::icon_huh:

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632
    That seemed to change now that Mr. Play the Vets is gone. Morty.

Lofton was a very good WR, but he sucked *** as a WR coach. Like Favre said in his retirment interview when the asked him about coaching. "I know how to play the position, but that doesn't make me an expert on teaching someone how to play QB."

The WRs didn't seem to learn **** until Norv showed up and after the trade for Chambers. IMO, Chambers had more effect on VJ's development in half a season then Lofton did in 3 fuking years.

VJ finally learned wtf his hands were for. Catching the damn ball.

IF Osgood had half a brain and was not listening to that ahole agent of his trying make him think he can be the next TO, he would come to the workouts and try to impress his NEW WR coach.

As Mr. Forman would say "Dumb ***!" :beat:

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Just my opinion here.

I think Osgood sees what success that Chambers has done to our receiving corp that all Kassim wants is to get in on the action as well.

Chambers has taught VJ to catch and I think the same is true for Kassim, in that with Osgood wants to see if he can help out the team other than just being a Special Teamer.

I also think that he tried to talk with the coaches and upper management about extending his role within the team privately before he went public with his dissatisfaction.

I do applaud Kassim that he wants to help out in other aspects of the team. Why not give Osgood the opportunity? It will not harm any but help in some way. Just means more weapons for Philip Rivers to have out there on the field.

I say to include this that I could care less about who Kassim Osgood has as his Agent. In this regard Rosenhaus is doing his job and helping out his client. Enough on that.

Because of this I am a bigger Fan of Kassim Osgoods because he wants to help out the team at all costs to get a ring and hoisting up the Lombardi. So I say good for Osgood for helping out other than just a Special Team.

For me if I were on the team and I thought that I could help out in other means I think that I should be given a shot at it to see what can go on. If I failed then I would know without a shadow of doubt that my role is just the specific role I was playing prior. If I succeeded then I would be considered a multiple role player. That is much better than just a single part of the game that I was good at.

That is what I am trying to say about Osgood is that why not see if he can do it. That is all.

Those were my thoughts on this.

5. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The general infractions are warnings over disagreements is old.

If you guys want another Chargers.com, then this place is becoming another haven for the thin skinned aholes who are just that...aholes. Too bad "calling out" opinions is a judgemental thing because every thread may as well get closed.

Fuc sakes this place has become G-Rated over night because of a few effing whiners who complain to the MODS.

Of course we have idiots for fans and some of the takes are fucing idiotic (rooting for the cool factor in players for instance). That is beyond stupid to even suggest and deserves someone ramming rod up the asss because - well - because. Jesus.

Oh well.

Chargers.com Part 2 has arrived.

Now for the secret threads to make the backstabbers feel right at home. :yes:

Oy vey....here we go again. :icon_eek:

leisure and MTL were right but they lacked the execution (mainly their own). :lol:

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I am sure you saw Clary play in relief of Olivea. Even when not hurt, Olivea was no where the player Clary is and I am not enamored with Clary either. I use the sphincter factor. My sphincter did not flex when I saw Clary in pass protection or using his wingspan to get that extra push before Rivers became dogmeat. Olivea was marginally good for the bench squad and not much else.

Hart replaces cough syrup boy and we lead the league in INT's (of course Cro helped etc) but the SS dude we cut was paid more and not as good as Hart.

Play the ballers. Play the people who are giving it up every down and more importantly, want to give it up and are not there for just a paycheck.

7. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Che Guevara? Is that you? :lol:

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Yes, this IS for football threads, not a lawn bowling league forum. We don't wear white shorts and shirts, more like we wear ciopino bibs so we don't spoil our clothes in the food fight.

9. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Oh Gawd i hate the Chargers.com forums.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,628
    Jesus Christ Trumpy, settle down. Quit acting like everyone else is crazy because they don't agree with your takes.

Everybody is going stir crazy right now so every little bit of news gets the natives riled up, even you.

My biggest complaint about Kassim is this: If you want to play, prove it on the field. Holding out is for babies.

11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'm still waiting for what they were right about? :icon_huh:

12. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Trumpy is right, everyone else is wrong. Just remember, he's had season tickets and watched the Chargers longer than everyone else on the board. :icon_rofl:

:bow:

13. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    C'mon Trump. This place is FAR from being Chargers.com. WAY far away.

As for leisure and our favorite angry little sociopath (aka, MTL), them not being here has made this place better.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is a chicken **** take. I could give a fuc if anyone agrees with me or not. Plain and simple.

Settle down for what?

Why the fuc should I settle down ?

It has nothing - absolutely nothing to do with who agrees with me or not. It has everything to do with dickweeds who have hard-ons and now want a dudes balls because of what? Dude wants more playing time? He earned it. He is a WR.

Thin skinned pricks have invaded the forums and it is as contageous as leprosy.

Chargers.com part 2 has arrived (unfortunately).

Time to push the envelope - again.

15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Fuq communism :icon_evil:

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    My we're full of ourselves again, I see :icon_rofl:

17. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Bullshit.

The site has succumed to fucing whiner backstabbing weenies.

The aholes who play the game that "my status is greater than yours" are fuc'ing stupid mother fuc'ing shits.

The truth is being told and the dickheads who have been cowering, are tucking tail. :yes:

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You are effing eh right.

Just because you have been flying in for a few years does not mean ****. Where the fuc were you during Harland Svare's tenure?

Even during Coryell, you were a pup trying to be somebody.

Your name in a bar does not mean ****.

Have at it for decades and then talk your **** otherwise, you are a lightweight. :yes: :bolt:

19. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    OK, What ever you say.

I was at the Murph during to Air Coryell day's. Not that I have to prove anything to you, but I do have the ticket stubs to prove it.
    :tounge:

Sorry,I'm not as OLD as you and missed the Savard day's. I do remember the Prothro era.

Your name on a message board doesn't mean **** either. :yes:
    How about backing up your talk? :yes:
    Bring Clinton Hart to the Podcast? Bring sdbound his beer? Quit making excuses! :yes:

I've been "there" for over my 3 decades of being a Charger fan.
    Lightweight, my ***!

20. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    You are another wannabe fan who thinks they belong.

Try harder. :bolt:

21. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Is that the best you got? :icon_rofl:

Don't sing it, Bring it! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I saw your best shot and it was not ****. When you said "bring it" you "folded". As expected.

You must be related to to the Trash Thinkers of AmeriKa. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  23. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    I'm still waiting for you to back up your talk. :yes:

Where is Clinton Hart? (besides on a cruse) :icon_rofl:

24. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Jeez Trumpy, you are soooo full of ****! You're better than some other fan because of what? Because you have been watching the Chargers since you were in diapers? Because you're a homer for a particular player? Because you have the ability to criticize things that you don't understand?

You throw a great tailgate but damn, you need to pour yourself a stiff drink or smoke some of the devil's lettuce and calm the **** down.

I bet Vick gets out of prison before I get my damn beer. Cave Creek Chili Beer will be fine.

Until then, where's my beer biitch?

****, I hate the offseason. 170 days or so to go.

25. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    That's what I'm talkin' about! :yes: :icon_party:

Time to step up to the plate, Trumpy! No More Excuses. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  27. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    If Trumpy had his way there'd be one dude sitting in Qualcomm on Sundays cheering for the Bolts. :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  28. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

Can't ya just FEEL the love on the board? :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +632