1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Bobby Petrino splits the Falcons to go coach Arkansas

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Dec 11, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
  2. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    WOW!

I knew with the whole Vick thing it was bad in Atlanta. Didn't know it was THAT bad.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    If I was him I'd get the hell out of there as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    The implosion continues.

• Like Like x 1
  5. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Man, I'd be outta there soon after he left (if not beforehand...)

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Phuck. That's not good when your coach bolts for Arkansas. :no:

7. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, that's better than calling in sick forever to your work. Man, the ATL is in shambles man. I feel bad for them. Good fans out there. We all know how it is to have an organization in turmoil and embarrassment (Leaf, Gilbride, etc.) The football gods felt they have punished us enough and spread the wealth around the league I guess (Miami) Oh, the good old days of losing and inner turmoil! :no:

• Like Like x 1
  8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    It didn't even take the coach killer to do this. Or did it?

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I feel sorry for Arthur Blank. Dude is one of the top 5 owners in football, and gets treated like toilet paper over the last year by getting **** on by his franchise QB and now HC. Brutal.

10. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +684
    Yeah, you can chalk this one up to the CK. How different is their season if Vick was not a dumbass?

Sucks for Falcon Fan.

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    And Arthur Blank :icon_eek: :icon_sad:

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Have I mentioned how much I absolutely hate Home Depot?? :icon_shrug:

14. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Petrino is a POS . You cant count n him for anything. He was always looking at other jobs when he was at Louisville after saying he was very happy there and didnt want to go anywhere else.

Atlanta is fortunate that he quit. They overpaid his sorry *** anyways.

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I agree.

16. stone86

stone86 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Either way I think Arkansas just got lucky getting a decent coach. Look at how both Michigan and NEbraska are struggling to find top notch replacements.

17. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Wow

I'm pleasantly surprised.

18. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Yeah I do too. He seems to want to make the fans happy and win above all, but he has been pimp-smacked back n forth by some of his decisions. If only they kept Matt Schaub and Jim Mora Jr...

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Yeah, I feel sorry for Blanks & the Atlanta fans, but phuc Petrino. He's a ***** for not trying to help rebuild the team. :tdown:

20. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Petrino = Saban

The NFL won't dip into the college coaching ranks for head coaching candidates. Seems they are just using the NFL to get a different job or more money from another university.

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Seems to me these college HC's are just getting in the NFL long enough to drive up their worth in the college ranks. As soon as a sweet deal is offered to them they jump ship.

22. titanfan24

titanfan24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +77
    Petrino is a bald-faced POS

He's a backstabbing, deceitful, POS.

Example 1: His clandestine meeting on a Tarmac at Louisville's airport (http://www.fanblogs.com/sec/004532.php) talking with Auburn University personnel regarding their coaching job in 2003. Problem is, Tommy Tuberville, who was once Petrino's boss, still was (and still is) Auburn's coach. Who needs enemies when you have friends like Bobby. Trust me, if you think Belichick-Mangini is frosty, see how quick the Petrino-Tuberville hand shake is when they play in September.

Example 2: His continuous flirtation with Al Davis and the Faiders, despite pledging his undying loyalty to Louisville and basically denying any contact with Oakland.

Example 3: His signing of a long term contract extension at Louisville in July of 2006, once again affirming his loyalty to U of L and saying he wanted to be nowhere else.

Example 4: Bobby Petrino, six months after signing this extension, bolts to Atlanta, to become the Falcons head coach.

Example 5: Rumor has it that his agent has been circling the college football landscape looking for somewhere he could land in the SEC since October. He has been touted as a candidate at Auburn, LSU, and Tennessee, had any of their jobs come open.

My advice for Razorback fans, Petrino is a good college coach, be be wary, because if Tommy Tuberville, Les Miles, or Phil Fulmer leave in the next few years, Bobby will float his name out there. He's the Heidi Fleiss of football coaches.

23. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Check out the article in ESPN on what a pos Petrino is given his past history of always looking for the next big thing. Unbelievable. Arkansas fans are morons if they think it will be different with them.

24. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Let's go ahead and stay away from the college coaching ranks if Turner gets canned.

25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Norval goes nowhere. The Charger appear ready to make the playoffs. He's managed to keep himself around with the teams performance in the last several games. I don't see us realistically not winning out and finishing 11-5. Detroit and Denver in our crib and Oakland is a bit of a shambles. Denver could have a shot at us, but I'll wait and see how they play tomorrow. We could be in a position to give our wounded a rest after a couple of quarters in the next three games. Let LT get lots of Yards, keep Rivers and Chambers in synch and keep the O line together, but otherwise hand out some R & R time in the second half to the gimpy ones. I would rest Merriman this week and probably Jamal, regardless.

26. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172