1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Brandon Marshall's suspension reduced to one game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltzRule, Aug 28, 2008.

1. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    More of the Donks bullshit. Anyways, it is good news, since now the Donks fans won't have any excuses when we beat them once again.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I guess Shanarat brought his knee pads with him in that "special meeting" with Goodell. :tdown:

4. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    God, Goodell's inadequacy as commissioner of the NFL never fails to amaze me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say something about being a hardass and cleaning up the NFL's image when he became commish a few years ago? :tdown:

5. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    you forget that the donkeys and cowpies above everyone in the NFL the have the comish in thier back pocket:tdown:

6. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    BM didn't do anything against us before. He tears open defenses that don't key in on him and since their 2nd best WR is Royal I don't think it will be much of a problem.

7. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312
    This really pisses me off. I guess Goodell's decision probably takes in consideration Marshall's up and coming court date in Sept for his DUI. :icon_evil:

Goodell probably would of gave OJ a 1 game suspension (reduced to just 1/2 a game) for what he did.

8. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Just more proof that Goodell is the biggest ***** to ever be the commish of a major sport

This guy must have balls the size of marbles

9. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    What did OJ do???? :icon_huh:

:icon_rofl:

10. megold0715

megold0715 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70
    GOODELL THOUGHT THAT WOULD BE THE ONLY WAY THEY WOULDNT GET SHUT THE f@$@K OUT

• Like Like x 1
  11. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    What did OJ do? :icon_shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  12. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Don't forget the Patriots, they cheated to win 3 super bowls and the coach wasn't even banned for a few games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Guess he wanted to leave the job of punishing Marshall up to Quentin Jammer:yes:

14. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    He killed his ex-wife and her friend.

15. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    classic...

Marshall was on my official fantasy football team but all my friends decided to shut the league down. He's still on my facebook team though so I'm happy.

16. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    He did? :icon_huh:

I don't think you can prove that! :no:

17. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    sad but true, unbelievable how much love those 2 get

18. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    I had a feeling this is the road you were wanting to go down. I know he was found innocent in court. But in the court of public opinion he is guilty as sin.

19. swishbish33

swishbish33 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +7
    Just to play devil's advocate, he was found guilty in a civil court.

Back on topic, I'm not surprised. There is something about the Donks that NFL people just love, and I've never been able to figure it out. Shanahan comes across like a whiny child, and the team hasn't done anything of note for a decade.

It's kooky.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WyomingBoltFan

Ratings:
    +312
    I know exactly what you mean. I think the NFL is more in love with the Donks due to their Denver location than of the actual team. I hate this team. I just knew Marshall wouldn't be suspended for the 3 games. He probably doesn't have to do the counseling either. What a POS.

21. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Damn! I'm getting predictable! :icon_rofl:

22. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    AFC West

Denver: Coach Mike Shanahan. Despite two straight non-playoff seasons, Shanahan has control, including the hiring and firing of the personnel executives. Shanny has bestowed some personnel power on the Goodmans, Jim and Jeff. Owner Pat Bowlen, who has won two Super Bowls with Shanny, is very comfortable with his coach's total control.

Kansas City: GM/President Carl Peterson. You almost want to say that Coach Herm Edwards, who was hired by Peterson, has caught his boss, considering the coach won the big battle on a total rebuilding effort rather than making gradual changes in order to keep the Chiefs competitive. With Clark Hunt now atop ownership, who knows what this front office will look like if the losing continues.

Oakland: Owner Al Davis. Al has been the boss for a very long time and his health is not the greatest anymore. But he has made all of the important decisions on personnel and contracts and the only thing interesting is how Coach Lane Kiffin continues to be critical regarding some of these decisions, particularly WR Javon Walker.

San Diego: GM A.J. Smith. There is no questioning that A.J. has helped build one of the game's most talented lineups, one that was started by good friend John Butler. Dean Spanos has given Smith the power, although he was all for the Norve Turner hiring. Jim Steeg and Ed McGuire give the Chargers two quality front-office executives.

23. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...More likely the size of raisens. This cowardly pansy of a man needs to realize something first and foremost. Stick to your word and be consistent. We all know that Kraft, and Jerry Jones own him. Those two teams shouldn't be given extra consideration just BECAUSE?? Now we have him lightening up on Marshall for no reason? Our ex commish wasn't much better although his allegiance seemed to be more towards the whiners. What's Goodell afraid of??

24. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    for a hard nosed disciplinarian he really has a problem with these suspensions not to mention punishing 'specific' teams. He's rapidly turning into a joke.

25. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Goodell promised to be harder on these things, to clean up the NFL's image, to put player safety ahead of competetiveness, and get down to buisiness on promoting it worldwide and to larger audiences. He's failed on all accounts. He can't get to the promoting because he himslef has aided in tarnishing the NFL's image.

26. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    You might be able to, but still be undone by a jury of retards.

Yeah, he was acquitted. But is there anybody out there, even his supporters at the time, who doesn't have a pretty good idea that he did it.

27. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432
    Don't forget the Prosecution of Retards. :yes:

28. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Brandon Marshall has more to fear from the Chargers than they do from him.

How has Brandon Marshall performed versus the Chargers over the last two seasons and 4 games?

Over 4 games:

16 catches, 199 yards (12.4 ypr ave), 0 TD

So he averages 4 catches for about 50 yards per game and ZERO TD against the Bolts.

That's kind of ho-hum for such a "good" WR. Seems our secondary has the ability to limit him.