1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Cameron out in Miami

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Yngwie77, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +17
  2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Look for him in Detroit

3. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Nice first year as a HC, Cam. Hope you enjoyed it. My guess is it will be about 10+ years before you get another sniff at a HC position, if ever.

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I agree 100,000,000,000,000,000% I also think that there is great OC's and DC's that will not be great HC's.

I hope that Wade Phillips can get the Cowboys to the big game as a former great DC with us. I hope that he can be a great HC

But to get back to subject, I think that Cam needs a lot more OC experience somewhere else to hopefully get his second chance at a HC position.

I know that is vague but it is my thought right now on Cam.

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    No Shiiiiit, man. I said before the regular season started that he looked way overmatched as a HC. His stock as a HC has never been lower.

The 49ers are definitely the best fit for him right now as Eldwin said. If Alex Smith is gonna have any hope next year, it's gotta be with an O-coordinator that runs the same system that Hostler was "trying" to run. Frank Gore would hump Cam's leg all day long if he gets on that bus.

6. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    With the amount of crappy drafts that Miami had in the past 10 years, this is not Cams fault. If Parcells hadn't been drafted, I think he would have been given more of a chance but he is not a Parcell's guy so his job was in jeopardy right after he was hired.

I expect if he is able to prove himself again as a OC, he will get another opportunity sooner than later. It wasn't like he was given an a chance to ruin the club like Gilbride did here in San Diego.

7. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Cam in San Fran before u can say..........

'What were his parents thinking calling him Cameron Cameron!?'

8. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    That miami team was doomed before he even got there. At least the players didn't quit on him.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i still think he got a raw deal because he was given an old worthless team and told to win especially when most of them started to fall apart. Not to mention he got a retarded GM who drafted a glorified punt returner when they could've had a QB

10. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Take notice Josh McDaniels... it's not as easy as it looks. You best stay in New England a while. :yes:

11. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Cameron will more than likely get other shots at HC and sooner than 10 years. Look at Norval's history. My money is on him surfacing at SF. Depends on the offer I guess. Who the hell wouldn't pick the Bay Area to coach in over Detroit? But then I'm a life long left coaster.

12. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Not surprised. If Cam had half a brain, he was polishing his resume as soon as Parcels was hired.

I agree that SF would be a very good fit for him. He won't be considered for a HC position after that 1-15 and done stint. Regardless if it was all his fault or not as injuries and no QB worth a **** messed up his HC debut.

13. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    I would crack up if we rehired him as OC.

14. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    I'll eat crow/chiat on this one - I was one calling for him to be our next HC....:lol: that was before I read where he kept McCardell outta the playoff game, which totally blew my mind... :icon_shrug:

I suppose I should fess up on D. Bowe, as well... I stilll think Davis is better, but Bowe had a better first year to be sure...

now, I feel better....:icon_rofl:

15. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I know this isnt the popular opinion here, but i wouldnt mind him returning here. Right now we dont REALLY have an OC, and if Norv would bring Cam back, it would allow him to game plan more during a game instead of worring about calling the plays and two great offensive minds are better than one when coming up with that game plan

I really hope that AJ/Norv get in touch with him and try to work something out

16. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    I would agree with RTJ on this one, it would only help us for next year. It couldn't hurt:icon_shrug:

17. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Just saw this on NFL network. Can't say it's a surprise.

18. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    parcells did an outstanding job by firing randy mueller i have been telling my dolphins buddy that mueller is an idiot since the day he was hired. they could have had a fresh start after sending wannstedt packing but they just delayed the rebuilding process for 2 years. huizenga doesn't have the balls to clean house so he hired bill to do it for him. the dolphins are heading in the right direction. as for cam, he didn't have much to work with at all. talent wise the dolphins are one of the weakest rosters in the league. regardless cam will forever be a coordinator and will only be successful as one.

19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I've seen enough of Cam in SD - no time for turning back. :no:

He'll find a place to land as an OC, & it will almost certainly be a better gig than the pile of crap he took over in Miami.

20. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86

i was thinking that when i heard the news this morning in my car, i bet he does

21. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Let me defend Cam by saying this much

Can any of you name Miami Dolphin plays that are currently on the team that were acquired between 1996 and today?

There's ONE player from 1997 - Jason Taylor. There's one player from 1996 - Zach Thomas. There's ONE player from 2003 - Seth McKinney. There's ONE from 2004 - Vernon Carey

Beyond that, from 1996 - 2004 there are FOUR players left from that time period. There recent drafts have been a bit better (but that's not saying much considering Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth, Channing Crowder, Jason Allen and Derek Hagan are the only 'recognizable players'). In NO WAY is that Cam Cameron's fault. He had to make due with a crappy team filled with worthless players because Randy Mueller has a draft record that would make Bobby Beathard cringe. Mueller is also responsible to acquiring via free agency some ridiculously bad pick ups including Keith Traylor, Vonnie Holliday, Kevin Carter, LJ Shelton, Trent Green, AJ Feeley and Daunte Culpepper (though I don't think that was that bad of a pickup, the Dolphins just showed no patience) etc. And on top of that the Dolphins traded away their top players in Patrick Surtain and Chris Chambers and traded first round picks for players like Ricky Williams.

How anyone can be expected with such an empty deck is beyond me.

Source: http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=2700&type=team

22. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Raw deal... yes

Well I was DEAD WRONG on this one! I said multiple times that, after they let go of Chambers, Cam had a free pass this year. Not even close.

But I will admit that I saw the writing on the walls as soon as they hired the Tuna. I couldn't see him allowing a 1-15 coach to stay.

Oh well, can't win 'em all. :icon_shrug:

23. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    No thank you to Cam, he bailed on us so screw him.

24. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Confession is good for the soul :icon_eek: :yes:

25. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,928
    [​IMG]
    bless me father for I have sinned

26. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    You left out: THEY PASSED ON DREW BREES!!! :lol:

I hear ya' Ant... but I believe this firing was inevitable. If not now, it would have happened in 3 years. Cam is not cut out for HC. He didn't succeed in college and so far he's one and done in the Pros. He's a coordinator. What he should do is take the Monte Kiffin/Jim Johnson approach and just be a great coordinator.

Did you know: Monte Kiffin makes more money as a DC than his son does as a HC?

27. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    you can make a statement that it wasnt cams fault but look at the guy he is not head coach material and bill probably took one look at him and said screw this guy he is out of here

28. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680

I don’t like that idea. Norv has shown that his offensive philosophy is different than Cam’s. I think it would take away cohesiveness, instead of improving it.

Cam would be in a lose-lose situation anyways. Norv is gonna get most of the credit for any offensive success we have regardless, and Cam would get his share of the blame when things go wrong.

29. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    well,... related but not...

Hudson Houcks available... I remember when a ton o posters wanted to retain him at any cost... any takers now??