1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Is Revis worth this?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LV Bolt Fan, Aug 24, 2010.

1. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    From twitter.
    Take it for what it is......

mortreport - Bob Pompeani or @KDPomp of KDKA (Pittsburgh - where Revis played college ball) tweeted he "hears" deal is 10-yrs, $150m, $65m guaranteed
    9 minutes ago via TweetDeck

2. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    nobody is worth that in the NFL.:no:

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    :yes:

4. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    almost a million dollars a game? Yeah, can't win a super bowl without Revis.... PAY HIM!!! :tdown:

And so if he goes out drinking and gets in an accident and can't play again, the jets are out $65 million? Or if he gets caught in a shootout with his posse and another group of thugs, the jets are out $65 million? I really don't get this 'guaranteed' baloney. If I were an owner, that would be one of the top priorities on my list of CBA "musts"..... no more guaranteed money. The owners have lost millions and millions on guys who have taken the money and run or just not done anything once they signed the big contract.

That will be a sticking point, I'm sure, once the meetings start in earnest. That and the huge contracts that unproven rookies command. Those two things have to change if the NFL and it's owners are going to be able to keep some semblance of order in the financial aspect of their game. You can't be seriously paying a player one million dollars a game when he plays only half the time. You can fill a lot of holes with that same money. One player just isn't worth all that money. It can't be good for team morale, either, to have one or two guys (besides a top ranked QB like Manning, Rivers or Brady) being paid so much more than the rest of the guys playing just as hard.

5. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I'm gunna laugh hella hard when their cap situation is completely, completely F.UcKED

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Nobody anywhere on the planet is worth that type of money.

But then again .... it's only paper, so who cares? :icon_banana:

7. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    The Jets really are being played for fools, and would top out as the dumbest sports franchise if they gave in to these demands.

8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    The Jets :icon_rofl: Cromartie, Tomlinson, and Dirty Sanchez....:icon_rofl: The island of misfit toys!
    [​IMG]

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,582
    Not so fast!

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5496890

10. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  11. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I think the Jets are total A-holes for even talking to this agent any more. The guy has three years left on his contract. If he doesn't want to honor that, then go play in canada. See ya in 2013.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Better than that, start recouping money from that fukin jerk.

I think the league might need to implement some heavier fines to players who hold out like this, esp when there is so much time left on the contract.

Rookie pay scale and shorter rookie contracts please

13. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    No player in the NFL is worth that much, let alone a defensive back. The only player worth even close to that would be maybe a top 3 QB because he touches the ball every play. How much impact can a corner have on a game compared to other positions? Hell, I would say that a top 5 defensive end is worth more than a corner...

14. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Also V. Jackson's agent.