1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OT: Moving to San Diego

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Savage Lizard, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +900
    Born and raised there, been in Big Bear for the past 15 years. The wife has had enough of the mountains and I told her that's where I would want to live if we moved. So it looks like we'll be moving around June 1. I still have a lot of friends in the area, and I'll get to go to more Chargers and Padres games. Looking forward to the move.

Would appreciate insights from those of you in the North County, as that is likely where we will end up. I really like Bonsall and Fallbrook, though we are also checking out other areas. So anything you want to share with me about your area would be great, it's been awhile since I lived there and most of my time in SD has been going to and from games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,141
    Try Alpine...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,684
    I'm a little partial to Carlsbad and being on the coast, as it's where I grew up. I'm in San Marcos now right on the border with Carlsbad and there are definitely some nice areas here too (like San Elijo and/or Discovery Hills neighborhoods) same with Oceanside, Encinitas, Leucadia and Cardiff.

If you like to live a little more rural and with a small-town feel (like Big Bear) you'll love Falbrook and Bonsall for sure. There is definitely some beautiful places to live there. It can be a bit of a drive if you need to commute, but that's not too unusual from most parts of SD, North County especially.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +900
    Haven't been out to Alpine, might have to take a look.

I want a little bit of room, trying to stay out of a housing tract. But I'm not completely opposed to a housing tract if I find something cool. Have already found a few places we like, but we're still about three months away from the move, so who knows if they will still be there when it's time. We'll still have our place up here, so North County has the advantage fo being a half hour or so closer to Big Bear.

5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292

Grats on movin to the Paradise state. Or back to rather.

6. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Or just movin around in the Paradise state.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,616
    If you need any info on Southbay area let me know.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    I have to say I'm not impartial when it comes to these areas having been born and raised here. But if you're looking for rural living with proximity to services and activities you can't beat the Rainbow, Fallbrook & Bonsall areas. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +900
    Bimbo, let me ask you: do you feel too far away from everything that far North?

10. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    No way. Pretty much everything is within 50 miles or less. The mountains, the beach, the desert... or the stadium.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    City Heights is a fine neighborhood with its own charms...

• Like Like x 1