1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Other then Scott Chandler......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Jul 16, 2007.

1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    have we signed any of our rookies? And this includes Paul Oliver since he's one as well.

Its a bit over a week til training camp and I haven't heard of anyone signing other then the 4th round giant.

Anyone else have?

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

NINERS COULD BE SECOND TEAM TO SIGN A FIRST-ROUNDER

There's talk in league circles that the San Francisco 49ers are closing in on a deal with offensive tackle Joe Staley, the 28th overall pick in the 2007 draft.

Only one first-round selection has signed a contract (tight end Greg Olsen of the Bears, at No. 31), even though training camps begin to open next week.

But we expect the pace to pick up quickly, as it does every year. Thus, we'll be tracking the signings in round one and comparing the deals to the contracts signed at the same spot in 2006.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    In lawer schewel they dont teach you the difference between Then and Than?

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    [​IMG]

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    WRONG! Wrong sir! That is one thing I know! I indeed know the difference between then which represent time and than which would be the correct usage in this title.

However, I probably cant speel the two!:icon_tease:

6. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I just thought we might all appreciate a little domestic art... :icon_shrug:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Hey! That is right good work...

I like this one better THAN the other...

:icon_rofl:

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    i rest my case and didn't have to say anything :icon_rofl:

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    This site says he has signed http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=94163&id=4213

10. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
  11. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2938899

Monday, July 16, 2007
    Niners agree with first-round tackle Staley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com

Offensive tackle Joe Staley, the latter of San Francisco's two choices in the first round of the April draft, reached agreement in principle on a five-year contract with the 49ers on Monday.

Financial details of the contract, negotiated by Priority Sports, were not yet available. The deal will be officially signed on Tuesday after some details in contract language are addressed.

The 28th player chosen overall, Staley is only the second pick in the first round to come to terms on a contract, joining Chicago Bears tight end Greg Olsen, the 31st selection.

Staley was the third offensive tackle selected in the first round, after Joe Thomas (Cleveland) and Levi Brown (Arizona), but many scouts feel he has the most upside of the group of pass protectors. Although he worked some at right tackle in the spring, Staley is viewed as San Francisco's long-term solution at the often problematic left tackle spot.

The 49ers traded up with New England for a second pick in the first round because they coveted Staley so much. San Francisco chose University of Mississippi middle linebacker Patrick Willis with its own pick in the round, in the No. 11 slot.

A tight end when he enrolled at Central Michigan, Staley played in 11 games as a true freshman and posted 11 receptions for 130 yards. He moved to right tackle as a sophomore in 2004, then to left tackle in 2005, and played his final two seasons there. Over the course of his college career, Staley bulked up by 80 pounds.

Staley is a terrific natural athlete who moves well for a player his size (6 feet 5, 306 pounds), and who has quick feet and solid techniques. He didn't work out at the combine, but at his pro day audition for scouts was timed in 4.79 seconds in the 40-yard dash and had a 32-inch vertical jump.

In 25 games at left tackle, Staley allowed just five sacks according to the Central Michigan coaches and had 178 "knockdown" blocks and 34 blocks that resulted in touchdowns.

The 49ers signed former Buffalo starter Jonas Jennings as an unrestricted free agent in the spring of 2005, hoping he would solidify the left tackle position for many years. But the six-year veteran has been plagued by injuries and inconsistency in his two seasons with the club.

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
  13. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    How come your "source" didn't clue you in ???

14. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Cuz he can :rolleyes:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    His subscription to the ESPN expired.

16. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Oh Snap!! :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

17. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Oh another snap!! :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

18. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Stop trying to milk the creativity of others...:no:

Just sad the depths you have fallen to. You used to be funny. But hey, looks dont count for everything right?:lol:

19. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    I just enjoy good verbal abuse and like to acknowledge it whe I see it. Why are you following me around this morning your big dumb animal. Looking for a fight? :icon_twisted:

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    So a picture equates to verbal abuse to you? You rode the short bus to school didnt you? :mellow:

21. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Now you are calling me retarded. Has your smack really gotten this bad? The humor is apparent to everyone that you would have the audacity to call anyone out on matters of the written word. :icon_shrug:

22. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I do have such audacity. Furthermore I am correct. Just because you and Ant dont know the meaning and usage of an adverb.

Let me educate you backwards fools:

then /ðɛn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[then] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation,
    –adverb
    1. at that time: Prices were lower then.
    2. immediately or soon afterward: The rain stopped and then started again.
    3. next in order of time: We ate, then we started home.
    4. at the same time: At first the water seemed blue, then gray.
    5. next in order of place: Standing beside Charlie is my uncle, then my cousin, then my brother.
    6. in addition; besides; also: I love my job, and then it pays so well.
    7. in that case; as a consequence; in those circumstances: If you're sick, then you should stay in bed.
    8. since that is so; as it appears; therefore: You have, then, found the mistake? You are leaving tonight then.
    –adjective 9. being; being such; existing or being at the time indicated: the then prime minister.
    –noun 10. that time: We have not been back since then. Till then, farewell.
    —Idioms11. but then, but on the other hand: I found their conversation very dull, but then I have different tastes.
    12. then and there, at that precise time and place; at once; on the spot: I started to pack my things right then and there. Also, there and then.

Then represent time. Not a comparison between two things.

Than, a conjunction is used with comparisons or conjunctions, ohh say like "Other THAN Scott Chandler"

than /ðæn, ðɛn; unstressed ðən, ən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[than, then; unstressed thuhn, uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –conjunction
    1. (used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison): She's taller than I am.
    2. (used after some adverbs and adjectives expressing choice or diversity, such as other, otherwise, else, anywhere, or different, to introduce an alternative or denote a difference in kind, place, style, identity, etc.): I had no choice other than that. You won't find such freedom anywhere else than in this country.
    3. (used to introduce the rejected choice in expressions of preference): I'd rather walk than drive there.
    4. except; other than: We had no choice than to return home.
    5. when: We had barely arrived than we had to leave again.
    –preposition 6. in relation to; by comparison with (usually fol. by a pronoun in the objective case): He is a person than whom I can imagine no one more courteous.

But I guess Mods and Lawyers dont have ta know proper engrich.

Furthermore what does it say to you that someone whom as you say "has he audacity to call anyone out on matters of the written word." can identify the proper use of Then and Than when so many of you prim and proper posters who has mastered the proper written form of the king's tongue cannot? Yeah, guess yer the pot.