1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Our players don't look FAST, they look Sloooooowwww.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Chargers-Superhero, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Wow, our special teams players looked really slow against KC on MNF. Also our linebackers looked kind of slow also. Much slower than alot of teams I seen on Sunday.

We definitely miss Osgood on Special Teams. That coverage on punts was AWFUL !!! That's our #1 weakness, our special teams play.

2. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I agree to a certain extent. We looked somewhat slower than a few teams Sunday. However, I also attribute that to the fact that it was pouring down rain, the field absolutely sucked, and we had limited time where our starters played in preseason. With I believe Rivers, Mathews, etc....Not even playing in game 4 of preseason. This team I think got a reality check last night and realized that you can't just keep running over the ****** teams in division. Teams get better, and our team is aging and the window is closing.

3. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    KC had no problem running FAST on punt returns, and Charles had no problem running FAST on his TD run. Cooper looks like he's carrying 10 pounds in his shoes when he runs. The grass and rain was no excuse. Our punt coverage was AWFUL.

4. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Actualy its more that KC has gotten alot faster on ST. Also what u gonna do when Big Andy Studebaker is the guy throwing the first block for McCluster. Studebaker in case you dont kno is one of KCs best up and coming Defensive players. Also we jus plain didnt tacle well in open space. Beleive I did see Kaeding save a return on another kickoff. What was funny was KC fan friend of my was like wtf isnt Arenas returning punts.... then what happens McCluster gets one to the house thanks to Andy.

5. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +91
    I agree and being Fast, on defence especially, is almost a requirement these days in the NFL. Slow teams get killed!

6. LightEmUp

LightEmUp Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +11
    We def. miss Osgood. And to think we let him go and Chris Chambers so Buster Davis could "develop". LOL!!

7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Chis Chambers did not do a lot. Buster I think gets one more year. If he cant show consitency he will be shown the door.

8. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Of CBDs 2 catches 1 was for a 1st down that was nice to see. Also bout every pass Legs caugt was for a 1st down. Still dont miss KO McCluster and Arenas are both top talent for return men. Not like we gonna get blasted for a 95 yard return in every other game.

9. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    We might, our punt coverage and kickoff coverage is AWFUL, just AWFUL.

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    The field condition was awful, just awful. Seriously SD fell down on more plays than KC by double at least. They had the edge in knowing what they were going to do on the slick field, like double the spike size on the cleets. I guess we forgot ours at home.

Also the punts Colquit was pullin off were horrible for his standards and punters NFL wide. Outside of the AFC west you can find alot of pitiful punters with avgs less than 40 a punt. Their 1st punt could have been a FG try for 50ish yds, but it ended up around the 20, a 11 yd punt or so. It is a good thing the game didnt come down to a kicker makin a game winner in OT, I doubt either would have been able.