1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Our Pro Bowlers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by !~BOLT~!, Dec 29, 2009.

1. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Rivers
    Gates
    Deilman
    Kaeding
    Osgood

I could have missed one but I'm pretty sure that's it.

2. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    No Scifres again....Bummer...

I would have found a place for Sporlzee as well! Osgood is a ST Warrior.

3. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I was happy to see Rivers as the #2 qb, which is where he should be, behind Manning, in front of Brady.

4. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Give him a couple more seasons, He'll be #1.

5. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +370
    I think the pro bowl rosters are absolute horse ****! Brady doesn't deserve to be in over Schaub. Jackson doesn't get there, Gates being the backup TE. There deserves to be AT LEAST ONE Bengal. Scifres should be punter. Phillips should be there. There's the same number of Broncos there as there are not only Chargers but the Saints as well. Does Champ Bailey really need to be there.

Most of this is irrelevant *****ing because the Chargers are going to be in the Superbowl anyway.

6. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Vjack and SciFi snubbed...oh well. This is the the bowl game we care about.

7. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    The Oakland punter had better stats again. Scifres will be first alt.

VJ not getting in is a bulls*it move.

Brady has good stats and a better W-L record than Schaub.

I haven't see the complete list, just what you guys have indicated.

8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    None will play so it doesn't matter.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Having the Pro Bowl before the Super Bowl is the worst idea anyone could come up with.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Jammer should be there.

12. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    I hope none of them are playing in it. :yes:

13. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Me too:tup:

14. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    Everyone already knows the probowl selections are mostly hype and a joke (See Cutler over Rivers last year)...but just for the sake of arguing the merits of some of our players:

OLB- Shaun Phillips. When a team is 12-3 with the kind of schedule the Chargers have had...someone on D is making some plays...Shaun has been that guy all year for San Diego.....Nearly all of his 7 forced fumbles have been key plays in games...beyond the stat line, he's applying pressure and forcing hurried throws....and he's making plays all over the field dropping into coverage quite a bit for an OLB. I think he was deserving over Cushing for a spot even though the rook had a very good season also.

WR- Vincent Jackson. You could definitely make an argument for him over Brandon Marshall....targeted far less with more receiving yardage...drops the ball far less. Can't complain too much as there is a good group of WR's in the AFC.

CB- Quentin Jammer. As per usual, Cromartie for some reason gets recognition as an alternate and the Chargers best CB is overlooked...and I don't get it....Cro is a pretty good man cover guy....but IMO not as good as Jammer....Cro is a ***** when it comes to any kind of contact.....Jammer is maybe the hardest hitting CB in the NFL. Jammer is fundamentally sound and is always right where he should be....Cromartie is high risk / reward and is often left looking like a fool for his gambles.....The two Chargers CB's about sum up what pro-bowl selection is all about to me. Most of the time it's all sizzle no steak.

15. Boltfan7998

Boltfan7998 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    About time Rivers got in! Right in front of pretty boy Brady too :icon_rofl:

16. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    This has been one of the biggest oversites in NFL MVP history. No exageration.

Marty said it best, "Scifres is a weapon." He's a game changer. He's an insurance policy. He makes dangerous return men question their purpose. He is the shiny Dillinger strapped to your ankle with the hammer cocked.

He has not only played some of most flawless and breathtaking single NFL games at *any* position (Colts '08?) but he's also defined the platinum standard for the next generation of punters. Don't just kick the **** out the ball, kick the **** out of the ball with pinpoint accuracy and then use it as an extra man on special teams so if a payed player doesn't down the ball on the 3 yard line, the ball downs itself.

**** the MVP voters. They don't know punting. Mike Scifres knows punting. Mike Scifres IS punting.

• Like Like x 1
  17. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,418
    Lechler's breaking records.

Scifres is great but it's hard to argue Lechler getting in over him.

18. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    Most punt in a season? Career already? Dude gets pub because he is the player that gets the most face time during raider games from being on the field so often.

20. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    He might be able to kick the **** outta the ball (so can 5) but SciFi can drop that thing on a dime inside the 10's like no one else, he also usually has a shorter field to work with... Lechler is a great punter but SciFi is better :yes:

21. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    Totally accurate asessment!

22. 14fouts

14fouts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    I agree Jammer over Cro. What about Weddle? He got snubbbed! :icon_huh:

23. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
  24. Chargers-Superhero

Ratings:
    +117
    Ed Reed of Baltimore missed 4 games and still got voted in by the coaches and players.

Also, Tony Gonzalez of Atlanta led in fan voting for TE's for the NFC, and has over 800 yards with I believe 7 TD's, and he did NOT even make the NFC squad. :icon_huh:

People question the fans voting for their favorite team's players, but the coaches and players can get it wrong as well.

No way in a million years should Champ F-N Bailey be a starter for the AFC over Hall, and Joseph of Cincy, or Jammer.

How many times has Bailey got his *** burned this year. The whole thing is a joke most every year. They have to have certain players there to try and get ratings.

25. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I know all the Pro Bowl is a popularity Game. WHAT the FUGG where is the Hell is QUENTIN JAMMER #23 CB SAN DIEGO CHERGAERS not on the Pro Bowl.

I am getting more and more feeling about how Disrespectful this Pro Bowl Game is all about.

I just wish there was a way to allow for yes definitely the Fans Selecting the Players and I also would like to see the Coaches to select the Team as well. Hopefully then Jammer would be selected and others like him who most definitely deserve it.

26. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

THANK YOU!!!

F THE PRO BOWL!!!