1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Our Secondary Is Not That Bad

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by turbo_turtle, Aug 13, 2006.

1. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5857124

In this article about all the secondary units in the NFL said that we are the No. 32 in the bunch out of every other team out there so it just tans my hide that we get no respect what so ever.:angry: :mad: :icon_mad: :icon_evil: :icon_twisted: :mad2: I hate the disrepect and I hope that they will have to swallow their words when we hoist the Lombardi over our heads then hopefully they will see.

What is everyones elses take?

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Why should they respect our secondary? What have they done in the past to earn it? How many ints last season by one of our DBs? Isnt that figure in the low single digits.

This unit has to step up and earn the respect if they want it. Bottom line, its up to them.

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I agree Concudan and I hope that at least McCree can take the leadership role and get the guys in the secondary to step up their game a few steps and become something. I just did not like that we were the last ranked out there. I understand though. I will say with an excuse here is when the contact rules went into effect it just killed us and still keeps on killing us becuae lack of aggression that I think Jammer for insance could bring if the contact rule was not in effect and yes it has affected his game and I think that he has had to learn all over again how to play the CB position to become a much less aggressive player. The rest are similar in the way they play because of the less aggression that is needed for the secondary positions because I think that they are afraid of getting a flag so they just lay off and let the receivers catch the ball then try to tackle them after. I am proving your point and the articles point so I agree we need a big change in someone or something to be done and the disrepect will continue until that something is done hopefully soon rather than later because right now our achilles is our secondary.

4. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    McCree will be the acquisition of the off season and help solidify this unit. Cromarty will make an impact this season, even though I had predicited just the opposite and groused about his pick on draft day.

I think this unit will be in the top 50% of the league this season, but they have to show people what they got. I think they will do just that. They will have to because I doubt anyone will get 100 yards on the ground against us!

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    respect must be earned
    Jammer and Florence must step it up

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    This from the guy who has a 59 jersey, and wore those sun glasses....:no:

:icon_rofl:

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929

<SMACK>

I was wearing 17 white buddy

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yet the taint of 59 was all over you like smell on haggis!:icon_rofl:

9. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Kiel was beat badly in the endzone and Farve threw it just a touch too far out in front of the WIDE OPEN receiver...I was not overly impressed with the secondary last night...

10. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    Kiel waqs pizzed too, he punched the wall after it knowing he screwed up, however, I think that he and mccree got mixed up since mccree came over to talk to him and they made hand movements like "you take this route and I take this route" kind of thing. But overall we had some breaqkdowns, but they had 6 DB's out there so often, it was like all they wanted to work on was the secondary ;ast night

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Kiel is a backup. He is way too inconsistent.

12. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    McCree for FS and Hart for SS

13. O'reilly

O'reilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454
    Hart was VERY LATE getting over on a 42 yard completed pass down the sideline on Curry...He should have had deep help...not good...

14. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Yeah O that's why we're drafting Tom Zbikowski next year :icon_razz:

15. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    Kiel > Hart

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Trumpie ain't gonna wanna hear that!!:icon_mrgreen:

Camera shy Comp??:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_rofl:

17. compubolt

compubolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +186
    :icon_rofl: yup. I only like to show my arse on camera ;)

As for Hart, he is just not a SS IMO, but they were moving Kiel/Jue around alot last night flopping which side they were responsible for. Kiel is looking to make some big hits though, he strait speared driver on the first pass play last night