1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Our WR Contracts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, May 16, 2009.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Does anyone know or know where I can find out when our WR's contracts are up? I have a feeling that VJ, Chambers, and now Floyd may come up after this year. :icon_shrug:

2. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    You are right - they all expire.
    VJ is the one they are trying to lock up.
    It's been mysteriously quiet on that front and on any attempts to sign Malcolm to a long term deal.

This is surely Chambers' last season due to the logjam of young (potential) talent at WR.

3. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I'm not so sure how strongly they are trying to sign Jackson. His off-field issues are of primary concern.

4. Osmekaman

Osmekaman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +31
    Do you know of any of his activities?
    All I've read about is one possible DUI. (Pretty serious.)

However, if we bin everyone after their first misdemeanor then we're headed for a light roster.

5. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    Jackson has had a couple of alcohol related incidents since he went pro, and I believe there may be an incident or two from his college days. He has developed into a number one WR talentwise, but he has to stay out of trouble, produce on the field and not ask for the moon in order to stay a Charger. Chambers contract is also coming up and we may be able to keep him with a 2 or 3 year deal with a lot of guaranteed money. I view him as a transitional, possession receiver until one of the young guys steps up...my money is on Naanee. I am not sure Buster Davis is going to be the answer as a number 1 or number 2 reciever because he has had trouble staying healthy enough to take the field. Our seventh round draft pick, D. Byrd is an interesting option maybe we will get a look at him in the preseason.

Add to all of this that we have Antonio Gates at tight end and just about every running back we have can catch coming out of the backfield. I think we will be OK unless the injury bug starts biting again.

6. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    His most recent DUI was at least his 2nd, and also he was still on probation for his previous DUI at the time. While on probation for DUI you're restricted to a BAC of like nothing, he was 2x the legal limit for someone not on probation.

Very disappointing once all the facts came out. I would be surprised if Goodell doesn't suspend him for at least a game or two.

He is fighting to have the blood test thrown out b/c he requested a breathalyzer and the cop I guess got impatient with the machine and didn't do it right or something - I dunno the details - So depending on how that goes he may get the charges dropped. :icon_shrug:

Either way - dood needs to get the number for yellow cab put on speed dial in his freakin' phone.