1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Outsider Looking in

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TSZMike, Jul 11, 2007.

1. TSZMike

TSZMike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Just curious on what you guys see for the WR's this year for the Chargers. Who is going to be the starters and who will end up with the best stats. Do not include Antonio Gates.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    If we are going by todays depth chart, I'd say ---

Our starters will be EP, VJ, and Floyd to start the year

Eric Parker - 550 yds, 2TD

Vincent Jackson - 550yds, 10TD

Malcolm Floyd - 200yds, 3TD

maybe Craig Davis gets a few scrapes.

3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think Craig Davis will have a bigger impact this year. I kow it often takes rookie WRs a few season to hit their stride, but I think Davis will give us at least 200 yds & 2 TDs. Possibly more.

4. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Hard to predict how well Craig Davis will do. A lot depends on his ability to stay healthy throughout training camp and the preseason games. I have a concern about that.

As for the other guys: Watch out for Eric Parker. I think he'll bounce back from that awful playoff game and have a great year. He might even score more touchdowns than a dead man this season. :lol:

I don't have as big of a chubby over VJ as most Charger fans do. So I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't claim the #1 WR spot.

Malcolm Floyd is the most intriguing. He is more fluid than VJ, gets better separation, and has better fundamentals catching the ball. When all is said and done, Floyd could end up as our best WR.

PS. It is kind of a bummer how all four of these guys still need to prove that they can stay healthy.

Oh yeah, forgot about Osgood. He will have 4 catches, 3 drops, and a couple of real nice seal blocks that Trumpie will spend days posting about.

:icon_rofl:

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Good point about injuries, of all the positions, wr seems to be the most fragile for our Bolts

:icon_sad:

• Like Like x 1
  6. TSZMike

TSZMike BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    Thats how I see the Chargers this year if one maybe 2 really step up this year this team wins the Super Bowl but if they still rely on the RB/TE as there only weapons I think the season goes like last year just not enough.

7. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I was just stating something similar on another thread. I really think MJ may end up being the biggest surprise of them all in terms of growth from one year to the next as an all around player. He will have more than 3 TD's if he stays healthy, because I see him being used more and more in the red zone to take the heat away from Gates and even VJ. I just think VJ is getting more attention this year from everyone with McCardell gone....that includes the media. I just have a gut feeling MJ will fly under the radar for a while and will end up being the guy that steps up his game big time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    This ball watcher finds himself in agreement with this most esteimed poster on this matter.

9. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I just don't see what everybody else does about VJ. He's not fluid coming out of his cuts, doesn't judge the ball well, catches with his body too much, isn't really that quick despite impressive top-end speed...

Floyd is a better route-runner, quicker, has better fundamentals catching the ball, he looks A LOT more athletic than VJ does.

Time will tell, but I'm usually not wrong on these types of things. Floyd is the player we should be watching to have the "breakout" season, not Vincent Jackson.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Michael Jordan? :icon_shrug: Michael Jackson? :icon_tease:

then again MF doesn't sound to good :icon_eek:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    IMHO I reckon we will go 3 wide quite a bit... that would mean VJ, MF and EP. Health permitting I expect Buster to spell them all quite a bit. If Malcom (no homerism I promise) can stay healthy he can be our leading WR in 07. I can see both he and VJ as our starters when we go 2 wide.

I agree though I see EP bouncing back provided they can get him off PR duty, he's gonna get killed doing that some day. :icon_toast:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    :icon_eek:

you know they have pills for that now.

sorry TK i just couldnt help myself, but you left your self wide open.

hope you can take a joke

13. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    No problem, brother. I probably give out almost as much grief as I receive on this board, so it is all good. :tup:

Your joke wasn't that funny, anyways.

:icon_rofl:

14. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I think the totals are too low. If Rivers is given his head, he could approach 4,000 passing yards, given largely healthy wide receivers and Gates+LT. This will be even more likely if they decide not to run LT as much as last year. Parker is the steady one, the guy who is always loose on 3rd down, and MF and VJ both showed flashes of what they can do. Established as starters in training camp, these guys could wind up shredding most of this leagues defenses and challenging even the best. MF IS the guy to watch, more beef and just as much quickness and speed. I suspect that Davis will be more precocious than expected.

15. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    VJ - 1100 yards 11 TDs
    Davis - 750 yards 5 TDs
    Floyd - 600 yards 4 TDs
    Parker - 200 yards 0 TDs

16. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i think the rook will have to start soon, his speed is what we need running deep paterns, look how dangerous we were without that threat. he may not have the numbers this year but he will contribute with ichiro speed on the outside. 8 in the box...i don't think so.

17. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    whats wrong with microfiber?

• Like Like x 1
  18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    wow! add 900 yds/10 tds for Gates, say 300yds/3 tds for LT and a 100yds/2 tds for Manu/Chandler and that gives Philip almost 4000 yds and 35 td, I'll take that :tup:

19. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    hell yeah. I like my WRs precocious!:abq1:

20. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Unless LT has the same kind of season, I dont think thats out of the question