1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

OUTTAKES: ANTONIO GATES

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    OUTTAKES: ANTONIO GATES

Kenny inadvertently dates himself talking with the Chargers' TE.

by Kenny Mayne
    [​IMG]
    Getty Images
    "Come quick, Antonio's about to have his Rod Tidwell moment!"​

KM: How's your dislocated toe? Back in good shape?
    AG: I wouldn't say good shape. It's just a rehab process right now for my foot.
    KM: They had you on the physically unable to perform list. Is that insulting language?
    AG: Well, a lot of people are on it.
    KM: Did any male impotency endorsement offers come your way?
    AG: Nah, most people knew about the injury.
    KM: How do you get any work done in San Diego? The beach and weather are too nice.
    AG: It's what we call being a professional.
    KM: Did you watch the Olympics?
    AG: I watched Usain Bolt and some hoops. And I got into baseball, the U.S. and China.
    KM: Besides basketball, what Olympic sport would you want to try?
    AG: Probably Ping-Pong. Me and a couple of the quarterbacks have some battles.
    KM: What would be your worst event?
    AG: Swimming. I can swim, but I don't breathe properly, so I get tired and fade fast.
    KM: I have an idea: If a guy gets cut during camp, veterans can appeal. Thoughts?
    AG: There'd be protests. For a team, it's never personal. But to players, it always is. If we don't like a guy, regardless of what he's doing on the field, get rid of him.
    KM: Are you the owner of a clothing store?
    AG: Part owner.
    KM: Do you actually go in there and stock the shelves?
    AG: No, I'm just the name behind it. The other owner is somebody I was in a relationship with. She does all the work.
    KM: What's one of the most frivolous things you've purchased?
    AG: I bought an old car, a '71 Cutlass. I didn't need it at all.
    KM: Seventy-one? That's not that old. I guess to you it is. To me, that's fifth grade.
    KM: Any reaction to Brett Favre's return?
    AG: I don't think he should have retired. The physical ability usually gives up before your will. In his case, the will had given up, but his physical ability was still good.
    KM: Would you like to have played with Favre? He likes his tight ends.
    AG: Any man in football would love to catch a pass from Brett Favre. He's an icon.
    KM: We talked a little bit about your other pursuits. Would you ever consider going on Dancing With the Stars?
    AG: I'm not a bad dancer. Give me time, I can do some things. I just don't know if I have the guts to go on.
    KM: So you're saying you might be physically unable to perform.

2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    I'm sure he does...:abq2: