1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Feb 7, 2006

Kenny inadvertently dates himself talking with the Chargers' TE.

by Kenny Mayne
    Getty Images
    "Come quick, Antonio's about to have his Rod Tidwell moment!"​

KM: How's your dislocated toe? Back in good shape?
    AG: I wouldn't say good shape. It's just a rehab process right now for my foot.
    KM: They had you on the physically unable to perform list. Is that insulting language?
    AG: Well, a lot of people are on it.
    KM: Did any male impotency endorsement offers come your way?
    AG: Nah, most people knew about the injury.
    KM: How do you get any work done in San Diego? The beach and weather are too nice.
    AG: It's what we call being a professional.
    KM: Did you watch the Olympics?
    AG: I watched Usain Bolt and some hoops. And I got into baseball, the U.S. and China.
    KM: Besides basketball, what Olympic sport would you want to try?
    AG: Probably Ping-Pong. Me and a couple of the quarterbacks have some battles.
    KM: What would be your worst event?
    AG: Swimming. I can swim, but I don't breathe properly, so I get tired and fade fast.
    KM: I have an idea: If a guy gets cut during camp, veterans can appeal. Thoughts?
    AG: There'd be protests. For a team, it's never personal. But to players, it always is. If we don't like a guy, regardless of what he's doing on the field, get rid of him.
    KM: Are you the owner of a clothing store?
    AG: Part owner.
    KM: Do you actually go in there and stock the shelves?
    AG: No, I'm just the name behind it. The other owner is somebody I was in a relationship with. She does all the work.
    KM: What's one of the most frivolous things you've purchased?
    AG: I bought an old car, a '71 Cutlass. I didn't need it at all.
    KM: Seventy-one? That's not that old. I guess to you it is. To me, that's fifth grade.
    KM: Any reaction to Brett Favre's return?
    AG: I don't think he should have retired. The physical ability usually gives up before your will. In his case, the will had given up, but his physical ability was still good.
    KM: Would you like to have played with Favre? He likes his tight ends.
    AG: Any man in football would love to catch a pass from Brett Favre. He's an icon.
    KM: We talked a little bit about your other pursuits. Would you ever consider going on Dancing With the Stars?
    AG: I'm not a bad dancer. Give me time, I can do some things. I just don't know if I have the guts to go on.
    KM: So you're saying you might be physically unable to perform.
  2. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Aug 14, 2008
    I'm sure he does...:abq2: