1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Over/Under on # of bad snaps this week/Chargers sign ANOTHER long snapper

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Sep 17, 2010.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Chargers sign Neill

I'm saying this guy tosses at least two bad ones on FG and one on Punt (Scifres will make him look good though)

• Like Like x 1
  2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Maybe they can sign MM as a long snapper? Would that qualify as "caving"?

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The wheels are wobbling badly on this band wagon.

4. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
  5. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I have just the thing.....

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Remember the announcers talking about the synergy between Binn & Scifres last week? Well, expect the exact opposite this week... and some really distressed fans at the Q. Any of you religious types might wanna pray this game doesn't come down to a clutch kick.

7. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    :icon_rofl:

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yeah... although I should've said clutch snap... because we all know how your boy Nate loves to barf on his cocck with the game on the line. :lol:

9. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    :lol:This is a perfect example of too much free time. Come on now people lets talk about VJ or MMc or how bratty PRiv is.:lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    I heard we are trading VJ and McN for a long snapper?? Maybe it was Red Snapper, AJ kind of mumbled it. :lol:

11. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    The most dangerous job in America: Chargers long snapper

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 17, 2010 4:41 PM ET
    When David Binn started long snapping in San Diego in 1994, Stan Humphries was his quarterback and Bobby Ross was his coach. (Amazingly, that combination led the team to a Super Bowl.)

Binn started 256 straight games after taking over, a streak that will end Sunday after being placed on injured reserve this week with a hamstring injury.

10-year-veteran James Dearth started long snapping with the Chargers on Wednesday. His starting streak was snapped Friday at zero when he was placed on injured reserve for injuring his foot in practice.

The Chargers signed Ryan Neill on Friday to replace Dearth. At this rate, he'll be replaced sometime just before kickoff.

The most dangerous job in America: Chargers long snapper | ProFootballTalk.com

12. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    There is no god.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    There are football gods though... and they seem to have an affection for this team... but only between weeks 8 and 17. Any time before or after that... they hate us.

14. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814
    Don't forget the playoffs. They especially hate us! They are just screwing with us.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bigmike.x.09

Ratings:
    +280
    Hence "between weeks 8 and 17" because there are only 17 weeks of regular season football...

16. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    how many times in the past five years have you watched ANY football game, college or pro where there have been any bad snaps on a punt or FG attempt. Not very many. I understand that Binn was probably one of the finest ever, but it's not like we've got a blind, 90 year old in there...... but God forbid he gets off a clunker.... we won't hear the end of it.

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Man Nick, if I didnt have mad man respect for you, I would want to slap you right now... :lol:

18. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,552
    I'm gonna say this guy is perfect all through the season.

The bad snaps will come in the playoffs, probably a wild one on a would be game winner in the Divisional round.

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Don't worry guys... we'll bump this thread each week so we can establish a new line for every game. This guy's gonna suck. I know it. :lol:

20. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Let's hope we don't have to punt very often in 2010.:tup:

21. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    :lol:It's the Curse of Pamela Anderson

• Like Like x 1
  22. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    Why do we have to assume there will be bad snaps just because it's not Binn?

I might go as far as to assume there may be some snaps that aren't delivered in perfect position as Binn was always so great at doing, but I think it's taking it to a bit of an extreme to assume the new guy is going to be so incompetent that we'll see snaps flying over Mike's head.

23. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    it must suck to be a fan like some of you that think even long snaps will be errors

24. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Just have Hardwick flip that thing. Is long-snapping really that much different than a normal one? It's just a snap of about 7 yrds for a field goal right? What's an average shotgun snap...3.5 yds? A punt...8.5 yds?...C'mon...F the long-snapper and use that spot for Ajirototu or whatever that dude's name is...

Long-snapper..I mean you might as well use a roster spot for the holder on the placekick. I'm calling Long-Snapper Conspiracy...

25. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,412
    It has to be different otherwise there wouldn't be players who make a living long-snapping.

If the Chargers were the only team who used a roster spot on a long-snapper you might be on to something, but most every team does it.

26. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    Yes, most every team does it...that's why I'm calling this a Long-Snapper Conspiracy...those bastards are getting us to think that it takes some sort of special skillz...rather convenient for the Long-Snapper...oh, and funny how there just so happened to be 2 long-snappers available within like...28 minutes. This has the smell of fish all over it...the Snapper kind.