1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Overachievers vs. Underachievers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Helljumper, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    Quick question here. I'm not going to name any names but:

What would you rather have? A overachieving team or an underachieving team. On one side, you have a team with little talent and on the other is a team full of talent. On one side you have a team that plays as a team and works their asses off and on the other you have a team that is mostly content just to earn a paycheck. On one side you have a team that just plays the game and on the other is a team that talks a lot and makes excuses but doesn't back it up. One of the team wins, the other team doesn't.

I'm probably going to be killed here for saying this stuff but why are we hating on "that team" for lucking out and not actually being very talented. In the end, they know how to win games.

Don't get me wrong, I despise them just as much as anyone else but I hate them just because of who they are. I just think it makes no sense to call them out for "being lucky".

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    we're hating on them because we're frustrated and we need a scapegoat (donks are close enough)

I'm not sure if this team is talented enough to be called underachievers, maybe just mediocre :icon_shrug:

3. Helljumper

Helljumper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +54
    I agree that we're not really talented enough to be underachievers but if you listen to anything the media has said the past couple of years, we're one of the most talented teams in the league.

4. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Denver is same team different coach.........wow what a difference. We suck!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    offense maybe

defense no way

6. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477
    Karma? I've never believed hating accomplishes anything. Hard word, some luck and belief in oneself (one's team) works.

7. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Denver isn't THIS good, they're riding alot of momentum and some damn good luck at times. But they're definitely not the pathetic joke they appeared to be in the off-season