1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Overreaction Nation

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by rapscallion, Sep 19, 2007.

1. rapscallion

rapscallion BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8
  2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    They got it wrong...there is no poster named Baxie here. Look it up before saying that...

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

Awesome press!!

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    They incorrectly attributed UT and Chargers.COM posters to BoltTalk.

They also got Baxie wrong. I think it should be "craxie" on the UT, who often supplies nearly all the Bolt-related articles there.

5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    SWEET!!!!

BOLT TALK MAKES IT TO THE

"SHOW"

!!!!!

6. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Great article....hopefully this will allow us to reflect a little on how stupid some of us are acting/feeling.....myself included. I'm glad I read this today, because I've been in one hell of a funk these past few days after the loss to the Pats. After waiting for the season to start with great anticipation, I end up feeling like the rug was pulled out from under me and couldn't wait until next years draft. As soon as I went to ESPN, I started laughing when I saw this, because it shows me we're not the only one's sulking and acting like the season is already over after only two weeks.

Below is the link to the article on the Bolts and their fans in particular. The other link above didn't work for me. The following is a quick blurb from the main artilcle titled, "Overreaction Nation."

There are 15 weeks left in the 2007 NFL season.

For a bunch of teams, however, it's pointless to keep playing. Their seasons are over. Done almost before they even got started. More cooked than Britney Spears and Larry Craig, combined.

In other words, it's time to focus on the draft, think about free agency and maybe get the youngsters in there for a few series as you play out the string.

Think mid-September is a bit early to throw in the towel? Then you're not listening to the guy screaming into his car phone on sports-talk radio, pleading for a quarterback change. You're not comprehending the words of the TV talking head who says it "always comes back to haunt you" when you lose a game in the National Football League. (Note: TV talking heads never, ever call it the "NFL"; that's disrespectful.) And you're definitely not spending any time on Internet message boards, where guys like "ltfan4life" will explain why the reigning league MVP is already washed up. :tdown:

Welcome to NFL Overreaction Nation, a land where no sample size is too small for drawing conclusions, where the most common movement is the knee jerk, and where the distance between "Super Bowl-bound" and "headed for a top-10 pick" can be traveled in one NFL Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=buckheit/070919

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    More people read this site than we all know.

I just wish more had balls to register and drop some pearls of wisdom but most are lurkers with small huevos. :icon_eek: :abq2:

8. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    If you aren't registered, step up and do so, biatches! Let us know what's on your minds.

9. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:tup:

CUT SPROLES!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

10. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    FIRE SVARE!!!!!!!
    :abq2::abq2:

11. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Baxie was a Pats troll that posted some comments to articles on the front page.

12. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Ah, ok. That makes sense now.

13. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Thumper knows his bizness!:bolt:

14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I would like to formally thank a handful of posters for nourishing the seed of doubt and helping to expose our fan base as a bunch of fair weather douche bags. :tdown:

15. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    It's the same ones that come out under their rocks after each loss too. :icon_evil:

16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    This was one game. Yes, we were not a prepared as the Pats and they had a chip on their shoulder to prove they could win without cheating.

It takes some time for this new coaching staff to get rolling, but once they do, watch out. The Chargers will be a force to reckon with.

17. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    ah..it fits now

18. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    Actually, I'm pretty sure you have to be registered to read the posts, but I guess not on the front page...Anyway...that stuff, it was kinda funny. It's totally overdramatic, highschoolish reactions. I feel a little silly a few days later for being all "I'm never watching football again!!!!!" and stuff. Whatever, they're going to splatter Farve and bring them back down to earth on Sunday!!!!

19. Fouts

Fouts I heart Deano!

Ratings:
    +350
    Funny article, it only took me one day to get over that loss... I admit I thought the sky was falling, but snapped out of it... Lots of season left... :abq2:

Now another playoff loss 1 and done... that I am not sure I can handle... :no:

FOUTS

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    HAHAHAHAHAHA, that's great. We have folks wanting to bench Rivers and other's who want new coaches. We lose one game and one would think the season is over. I've been enjoying the meltdown, I can't remember laughing so hard.:bolt:

21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No, that is incorrect. Braxie was one of the commentors on one of the front page articles. The article had his comment correct.

22. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

If I were a fan of any other team and stumbled into this site, I be laughing my *** off. Some of these people kill me in here with all the doom and gloom.:bolt:

23. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    maybe I'll go visit a philly site for some perspective...

24. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    It is a freaking joke. I stopped reading most of the threads cuz the repeated x1000 posts of doom and gloom are annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I usually only doom and gloom on Mondays after a loss. Tuesday is an off day, so I like to help the kids, visit schools... **** like that, ya know? I want to be a role model for the little fuqers. On Wednesday, I'm usually really hungover after a bender on Tuesday Night- dealing with those rotten little kids is stressful. Being hungover, I take it easy on the doom and gloom. By Thursday/Friday, I usually find a way to get past the sting of a loss. Booze helps. Then Saturdays it's college football. Yeah baby! Who can be doom and gloom when Notre Dame is getting their *** kicked?!?! And then it's Sunday again and I am officially over it, unless by chance we lose. In that case I start the whole circle of misery all over again.

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

I think it's funny, all these arm chair HC's and GM's trying to fix the Chargers. It does get a bit annoying reading the same bullshit over and over.:bolt: :icon_toast:

27. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    ESPN can blow me.

28. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

Whatever gets you through the night. I can't say that I've seen many post's of yours calling for benching, cutting or firing people. I was over the loss as soon as I turned of the TV, what good is it for me to stew over it. Hell, I went through that with our Bolt's for years and that SB cut to the bone. Thats when i decided to let all that **** go.:bolt:

29. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Yes, I was trying to be goofy.

30. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I think Kornholer might take you up on that...