1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Pac-10 looking to add more schools... Possibly SDSU?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Workplay, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    http://www.azcentral.com/sports/hea...0/20100210young-pac10-expansion-partners.html

I would LOVE for the Pac-10 to expand to 12 or even 14 schools! :flag:

The purpose of doing this is so they can have a Championship game at the end of each football season. Not to mention the desire to capture the Denver and Dallas TV markets. :five:

Targeted teams include Colorado, BYU, Utah, Boise State, San Diego State, TCU, and Fresno State.

If added to the Pac-10, SDSU wouldn't struggle for long. I'm sure they would be a beast when it comes to recruiting. My cousin just signed with SDSU on a football scholarship, he playes free safety. :icon_banana:

I'm sure you guys down there in SD would love to see your team upgrade and create new rivalries with Pac-10 teams. Am I right?

2. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I doubt SDSU would be added, USC and UCLA would most likely try and prevent it. They'll probably target Colorado and Utah. They want Texas but wont get them.

3. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,555
    Boise St sounds like a lock to me. After them I'd guess TCU, Utah, Fresno, BYU, Colorado, and lastly SDSU.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    The Pac 10 is looking at Colorado, Texas, TCU, Utah, BYU. No way in hell they are looking at SDSU

The Mountain West and the WAC might combine after that move though

5. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    SDSU isn't good enough for the Pac-10 yet and have to have an established winning program to even be considered imo. Maybe in the future.

6. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58

so we can have a repeat of this every year sometimes twice a year?

7. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Regardless of how good the program is, they want TV markets. That's the only reason why SDSU is being considered. Why else would they want TCU or Colorado when they're so far away? Don't forget the money factor.

I understand BYU and Utah, but I'm not sure what Boise State brings to the table from a marketing standpoint. :icon_shrug:

8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Boise doesn't bring enough imo. They'd probably go to the MWC replacing Utah (if they left).

Colorado brings the Denver market, which would be nice for the Pac10. The reason SDSU is unlikely is because they think they already have the SD market and think adding them wouldn't help much.

9. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    if the Chargers leave (hope not), will the Q be demolished? if so, where would SDSU play? , I believe you need a 30,000+ seat stadium to stay in division I