1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers Close to Trading Rodgers for Moss

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by boltssbbound, Mar 15, 2007.

1. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=188664

This would be great if it were true. Moss has fallen so far that he has to be packaged with Courtney Anderson for an unproven guy like Rodgers? :icon_rofl:

Rodgers has shown very little in his few appearances, and he's coming off a broken foot. Seems like a terrible move for the Raiders.

On top of getting Moss and Anderson, the Pack would also get a conditional 2009 pick from the Raiders, depending on Rodger's performance over the next two years. :icon_shrug:

Another terrible move by the Raiders. :abq1:

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    So if this goes down are the Raiders still going to take a QB with the first pick? :icon_shrug:

3. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    If this happens The faiders will take Cj

• Like Like x 1
  4. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I can't believe anyone wants Moss .. Imagine what Favre will do if he walks off the field early at Lambeau.

5. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I'm not sure if trading a future bust like Rodgers for Moss is exactly "wanting" Moss. Maybe the Pack wanted Andersen and the Turds insisted on including Moss. :icon_shrug:

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Does it matter? No matter what they do, they are going to stink on ice!

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    After Randy "mooned" the Packer fans and hearing them cry about it all over the media, I remember Joe Buck on the broadcast saying "That's disgusting". I can't believe he's about to be on their team.

Rodgers on the Raiders doesn't frighten me at all.

8. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    I totally thought that was a reactionary douche moment for Joe Buck. It was so not a big deal and I think he was just trying to cover the networks *** against any potential allegations of obscenity. If TO can play for Dallas after dissin' the star Moss can play for the Pack after pretending to drop his drawws....

That being said I don't think there's any way this trade goes down. Al Davis is a crazy ego-maniacal coot, and I don't think he'd be willing to get so little in return for Moss. I would love for it to happen, but unless GB adds a first day draft selection it's not happening. :no:

9. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
  10. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    ****!!!!

This means the raiders will pass on future bust Russell and take the 2nd best WR to enter the draft in the past 10 years (just slightly behind Larry Fitzgerald!!)

Hopefully CJ pulls an Eli and refuses to play for the raiders!

11. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yes, but if they take CJ, they won't have a QB to throw him the ball.

12. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Concur. I would rather face Jamarcus Russell and Randy Moss than Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson (Not that I think Rodgers is going to be more than mediocre).

13. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
  14. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    When a WR is that good, he doesnt need a great QB throwing to him. Just look at fitzgerald, He was putting up big numbers with Josh McCown throwing to him. Lee Evans with JP Losman?? Andre Johnson with David Carr? Roy williams/Jon Kitna?

15. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18

Hes good and that who i want but id rather have a franchise qb.

16. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    See Trumpy

17. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    with the O line the Raiders have, it does not matter who doesnt have enough time to drop back and pass, or who doesnt have enough time to finish his routes, when the quarterback is laying on the ground after another sack, it will just go down as another sack!

18. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,580
    Let's not forget that the Packers are a publicly held entity. Technically, the citizens of Green Bay Wisconsin own them. Can you just imagine what the first shareholder's meeting would be like if the Packers get Moss? :icon_eek:

19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I dunno... is a guy who fell like a stone into the 20something pick of the 1st round a "bust"? I mean, he wasn't supposed to be there... he was supposed to go much higher. The Pack needed a future QB/backup and he hasn't started a game. I think even if he were to never take another snap, people wouldn't really label him a bust. Would they? If that were to happen, I think he'd just be forgotten.

Around these parts (Chico), Rodgers is a god. I don't know him and I never saw him play, but I do remember everyone up here just buzzin' about him when he got drafted by the Pack. I think if he goes to the Raiders this town will go nuts. He's a decent player in my opinion. He's a definite upgrade at their QB spot, too.

Not really a point to this ramble. Just spoutin'.

20. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    I'm telling you guys, we better keep our eye on the Raiders. Their O-line isn't nearly as bad as the stats; Andrew Walter was at fault for many of their sacks, and the line started to improve later in the season.

Oakland already has the best defense we will face, and they are drafting at the top of every round. If the Raiders get just average quarterback play from whoever, and Kiffin improves the offensive scheme, I can easily see them leapfrogging over Denver and KC this year.

21. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Damm dude don't get all wet yet, not this year but next year they may be good.

22. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Alright Rock... how the hell did you hack into TK's account? That's grounds for banning you from this forum. Now knock it off!!! :abq2:

23. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,554
    I think when you draft a guy at #20 or #3 and tag him as your franchise QB, he's a bust if he doesn't become a quality NFL starter.

24. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    I'd rather have them take CJ and have Arron Rodgers throwing at him then have J Russel throwing at Porter and Moss.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Thread_Killer

Ratings:
    +680
    Hey, I'm just saying they could be better than both Denver and KC. I see both of those teams taking big steps back. :yes:

26. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Your still big trippen, not this year but maybe next. As for the chiefs and Broncos both teams have gotten better.

27. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    That old commercial for salsa comes to mind......"New York City.......get a rope!"

28. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    We still hold THAT to be true here in Texas!! :icon_eek: :yes: