1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packer's GM Can't Return A Favre Text?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...This is really getting silly. ESPN reported that Brett Favre text messaged Packer GM Ted Thompson about his interest in returning to the team. Thompson told Favre that he was on vacation and he would have to wait until he returned to talk about it. Just lay it on the line Ted. He has two years left on his contract so you can't stop him from returning and gobbling up some cap space. If you don't want him back..you'd better trade him to the an AFC team because there must be half a dozen NFC teams lurking. You can't just release him and allow the Vikings for example to fill their main missing piece to the puzzle. It's a mess because Aaron Rodgers has assumed the starting role in practices and they drafted two more QBs in the draft. I'd still take him back if I were the GM unless some fool offered me something too good to turn down.

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    This just in

Packer GM tries to shove head in the sand to avoid hearing about or from Brett Favre anymore

[​IMG]

3. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Nobody disputes the greatness of Favre as a player, but good God, his ego is out of control.

A year ago, it was leaving the Packers hanging for a decision on whether he was going to retire or not... and Brett called a Press Conference to announce that... he hadn't decided yet.

Now, he retires, and after the team proceeds as if Brett means it (and isn't full of sh!t), Favre changes his mind? Pul-eeeeeze.

How about a side of class to go with that heaping plateful of greatness?

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    It kind of sounds like the packers want Farve to just go away.

My guess is they wouldn't mind having him another year. But he costs so much. They've got to build a team now for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  5. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    I think the Packers are totally doing the right thing by moving on. I would be pissed off at Favre for toying with everyone the way he is. He needs to just decide what he wants to do and just stick with it, for God's sake.

I mean, seriously, what a dick. He puts everyone, the Packers' FO, the players, the fans, EVERYONE, through another whole "Am I retiring or aren't I?", holds a huge teary press conference where he physically breaks down and says his heart isn't in it anymore, and retires. Now a couple months later he's trying to come back? What an *******. This is JUST LIKE WHAT SEAU DID. It's complete bullshit to put everyone through this, especially the Wisconsin fans who have worshipped him like a god for the last 15 years.

As far as I'm concerned, I hope the Packers cut him and he can't find a new team.

Grow up, *******.

6. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Probably the least likey scenario. If he's cut...he'll be a hot commodity for Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Chicago, Tampa Bay, Detroit and a few others simply looking for an instant infusion of experience and leadership at this difficult position. A trade is much more likely and the safest route for the Packers.

7. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
    "He's having fun sending text messages. This is really good, I mean look how much fun he's having out there."

-John Madden

• Like Like x 1
  8. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    Not really like Seau, Seau retired because he thought no one wanted him and never put the Chargers in an awkward position because of the retirement.

Favre could of returned, and this isn't the first time he left the Packers hanging while he decided to stay or retire. He's pretty much forcing the Packers into an awkward position, you either take him back which messes up all the work you did in the off-season to prepare Aaron Rodgers and I'm sure has an impact in the locker room, or you trade the Packer Legend and are made to look like the bad guy to those hard core Favre/Packer fans.

9. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
  10. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Brett don't go away mad just go away.

11. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    For Christ's sake .. I'm about ready for Favre just to stay away! It is one of those Elway thank God moments .. just go enjoy your home in Louisiana .. avoid the tornados, etc ..

12. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    On opening day he'll come running out of the tunnel - in purple & white. :icon_eek:

13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    Bleedin Hell!!!! :icon_evil:

I don't even live in the States and I am sick to death of the Favre will he won't he crap.

Retire already u pain in the ***!!.

What it must be like seeing it on tv all the time (in between bits about A Rod). Jeeeez.

For crying out loud yes great player and all that but disappear for once and for all and let's all move on with Aaron. Poor Aaron he must be sticking needles into his Favre voodod doll right now.

• Like Like x 1
  14. StratoBoltz

StratoBoltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    He is a great player but is ruining his reputation with this soap opera,stop playing games and stick with a decision.

15. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    When Thompson says that he doesn't want Favre back, it's going to end up polarizing an otherwise talented team. Sucks for the Packers.

16. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...Only if he gets released :no: Can't see the Packers being that stupid. There are too many teams in the NFC (their own division particularly) who would grab him.

17. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    who gets first crack at the jerk wad?

18. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Wouldn't it be Miami?

19. 400HZ

400HZ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +15
    Are 28 year vets subject to waivers?

20. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    ...I don't believe so. But hell, I had no idea Brett was a 28 year vet :icon_rofl:

21. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    Anybody Else See The ESPN Article Where They Listed SD As The "Premier" Spot For Brett To Land?

I'd Take Him As A Backup To Furious Phil....

:cool:

22. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    He'd only come to be a starter, and the only way we'd be interested in him as a starter is if Phil was injured a lot more than he is. Although I'm sure Phil would love to have Brett as a mentor since he was his idol.

• Like Like x 1
  23. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yeah sounds great...

Lets offer a 4th round pick for him. Then trade him to Minnesota for any one of their starting O-linemen or DTs. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Bret Favre is emo...

25. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    This Favre story is getting old, even his mama wants him to play again.
    Dude needs to let it go and just play and stop all the drama. It's getting very old and sicking to me.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    It's really getting embarrassing, IMO.

27. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    fixed

28. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126
    Excellent word selection here. It IS embarrassing... or rather, I'm embarrassed FOR him.

You'd think the guy would have a clue about what a princess all his waffling makes him look like.

29. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If Brett gets waived, Al Davis will break a finger stabbing at the phone. If he's trade bait, it'll only be a sprain.

30. Rainman

Rainman BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +126

Yeah, but a really serious one! :lol: