1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers' Injury Report looks like a M*A*S*H* report

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by WonderSlug, Sep 20, 2007.

1. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Look at Green Bay's IR list! :icon_eek:

http://www.packers.com/team/injury_list/

16 players limited or DNP.

9 players on IR.

2 of their 3 WR are struggling with hamstring injuries, leaving only Donald Driver fully healthy.

4 of their OL have lower leg or neck injuries of some sort.

Furthermore, this from John Clayton of ESPN:

2. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Is Green Bay one of those teams that plays with the injury report? I'm not sure. Sluggo's report is from Wednesday, but on Thursday they had more players added to the "Limited participation" and fewer under "Did not participate" in practice. Still, their Thursday list is lengthy. Let's see how it changes tomorrow.

3. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I don't think they play with it the way the Pats do, because Clayton said that the first two games, a lot of those guys on that injury report were either really injured in those games or missed both completely, being inactive for those games.

4. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,551
    Limited participation in Wednesday’s practice:
    OT Chad Clifton (ankle)
    DE/DE Cullen Jenkins (wrist)
    DT Johnny Jolly (heel)
    DE Aaron Kampman (rib)
    OT Tony Moll (neck stinger)
    RB Vernand Morency (knee)
    S Aaron Rouse (hamstring)
    G Jason Spitz (calf)

Did not participate in Wednesday’s practice:
    TE Bubba Franks (knee)
    CB Al Harris (back)
    WR Greg Jennings (hamstring)
    DT Corey Williams (ankle)
    CB Charles Woodson (hip)

Out indefinitely:
    DE Mike Montgomery
    G Tony Palmer

5. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Well, sports fans, they damn well better win this one, or there'll be hell to pay. This game should not even be really close.

6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I want to see a strong, sharp performance but not a blowout. These guys need to get their heads on straight & a blowout wouldn't necessarily do that.

Get PR a strong performance - I think he needs that to boost his confidence right now.

7. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I just flashed backed to the Oiler playoff game and Dan Pastorini and Earl Campbell were out. Never again will I trust a injury report to guage ****. :icon_evil:

8. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    Doesn't matter anyways, I've only heard of two players on that report and they both suck ***.

9. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    The last thing I want to hear if we win is that we beat a crippled team. Screw the injury report. I prefer all players show up.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    we need a bounce-back game so I'll take any advantage i can get

11. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Sorry man, but that's cowardly. The last thing I want is a "feel good win" while at the same time asking for respect from the league and other fans for said win. If I wanted what you are talking about I'd rather go watch women's soccer.
    The only way to get the respect we all want and for the players to believe is to go into the hallowed grounds of Green Bay and punch that team square in the face with all of their good players on the field.
    Bounce back games don't mean crap in the NFL, because they'll only lead to let-downs in the playoffs when you face tough opponents who kicked butt and took names in order to get there. I'll take a lucky bounce in a game or two, but the wins should be earned. The tougher the opponent on the field the better.

12. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

I don't care if we win this game 3-2 I want the win. :abq2: :bolt:

13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928

You ever heard of a pretty loss? Right now after the last two games especially NE we need a win to get back on track. We need a win, especially a good offensive and defensive showing to wash out the bad taste from that miserable game. So like I said, I don't care about their injuries, I just care about us winning.

14. dmercado70

dmercado70 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    bottom line is that we win .. i dont give a rats a$$ if Klinger is in a skirt giving out gatorade and cpl. Agaarn is running the ball for the Packers !!! respect is what we are fighting for again ladies !!! :icon_evil:

===================================================
    the earth will quake as the heavens reign above the charger blue skies !!!

15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    JUST FREAKIN' BEAT
    THE PACKERS!!!

16. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I don't care if it's Hawkeye Pierece and Spear Chucker Jones with Radar in the coaches booth relaying calls for Col. Blake, just beat these guys so we don't have to put up with the whining and angst. I figured we'd open 2-0, so I'm having blackberry sauce on my crow, but I'll be keel hawled, mateys, before I'll cry in my beer(Gin and Tonic, actually) about this crap after two games. Incindentally Gin and Tonic really tastes good with blackberry sauce on duck and even wirey crow (you have to use a slow cooker). Sports are supposed to be fun, goddammit! I will admit, however, that I do find it somewhat more difficult to fantasize about the more pleasant aspects of life during sex when they lose-but not enitrely impossible.

17. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I just flipped from Jamie "dork" Dukes to ESPN and they are all picking the Packers to win. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The combined national media has overwhelmed the "I hate the Chargers" bandwagon.

Some so-called Chargers fans are going to be paying big bucks on Stub-Hub to get a seat on that loser bus to nowhere.

Karma ..... SD beats the Cheeseheads this weekend. :bolt:

19. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    It doesn't matter if the Pack is completely healthy. Based on talent, we have no business losing this game, even at Lambeau.

Having all the "experts" against us is the best thing to happen to this team. I hope EVERYBODY picks the Pack.