1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Padres call up Justin Leone and Termell Sledge.

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by HollywoodLeo, Jul 21, 2006.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
  2. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    i'm thinking this is an indication that Ben Johnson and either Bellhorn or Blum are about to be a part of a trade in a day or two.

3. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,842
    i was pimpin Justin outta ST. Now we cant figure out why they called him up and havent used him. Termell has played in every game since hes been up.

I think your theory of a trade makes alotta sense. They also sent down Brian Sweeney...along with Mike...

I hope CY is back to normal...

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Likewise
    After both Blum and Bellhorn mucked up at 3B, will someone PLEASE put Justin leone in at 3B so we can AT LEAST SEE if this guy is an option for the future of 3B
    Btw I like Sledge-hammer; he and Ben Johnson will make a great 2/3ds of the outfield of the future

5. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    KT and BOchy NEED to get on the SAME PAGE!

From sandiegopadres.com,dated 7/21/06:

Leone confident: He isn't sure how much playing time he'll get with veterans Mark Bellhorn and Geoff Blum available at third, but Leone seems prepared mentally to do whatever manager Bruce Bochy asks of him.
    "I can play left, right, shortstop and second as well as third," said Leone, the club's hottest hitter during Spring Training. "And I can play first if I had to. I really enjoy playing right, getting a chance to use my arm. I consider myself a good defensive player."
    Leone was batting .282 with 15 homers and 56 RBIs when he was recalled. He had one of two hits by the Pacific Coast League in the Triple-A All-Star Game and participated in the home run derby.
    "I knew regardless of how my spring went, I wasn't going to be on the team," Leone said. "They had my role filled by other guys. I wanted to stay consistent and get another shot here. I've felt as good hitting before, but I've never hit as well. I had a lot of confidence going out of Spring Training." Bochy said Leone likely will start against Dodgers left-hander Mark Hendrickson on Tuesday in Los Angeles."'

Now, I read this on another messageboard, dated today:

'I caught the last bit of the Scott and BR show this morning.
    It looks like they will be sending Justin Leone back down. Bochy's reasoning is that he needs Sledge to back up Giles who's hamstring still isn't 100%. Bochy thinks it's about 80% healed. Leone doesn't have the experience at this level to take over in such meaningful games. Bochy admits that something needs to be done about the defense at third base.'

So, if Leone doesnt have the experience, why the heck bring him up to sit for 3 days??? They got this reliever Williamson, so someone needs to go back down, and it appears to be Leone.
    This is 3 days after Bochy says he'll probably start Leone tomorrow(Tuesday).

Too much disarray...get it together guys!

6. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    Another reason Leone might be headed back down is because in a day or two him being on the roster still would mean we'd have 4 3rd basemen...

7. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    I am currently looking at the Roster on the Padres website.

They have added Williamson, who they said would join the team today in LA. They already have a pic of him up with the SD cap.

I see three 3rd basemen: Bellhorn, Blum and Leone.

There are 26 names,including Leone.

There is no guarantee they will trade for a 3rd baseman. But, of course, if they do, one would have to go...

8. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    They just announced on 1090 that Leone was sent down to make way for Scott Williamson...:icon_sad:

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Leone got sent down
    and Sledge is really pissing me off

10. rexy2006

Ratings:
    +1,842
    How can they NOT call the ball that bounced off Sludge's glove an error? HE bricked it!!!

11. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931

One word
    BIAS

Nuff said

12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Termell Sledge is an EXPO. EXPOS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!