1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Padres, Chargers on TV at same time

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Oct 7, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/10/08/sports/professional/chargers/22_55_4010_7_06.txt

The thing San Diego sports fans feared most ---- the Padres and Chargers each playing in prime-time on national television on the same day ---- has happened.

With the New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Dodgers losing Saturday, Game 4 of the Padres-Cardinals NL Division Series is the only baseball game on the schedule today, which means the Padres game will be played at 5:05 p.m. on Fox. Thom Brennaman, Tim McCarver and Chris Myers calling the action.

Also tonight, the Pittsburgh Steelers take on the Chargers on NBC's "Sunday Night Football" at 5:15 p.m. Al Michaels and John Madden call the action.

Should the Padres force a Game 5, Fox would carry the action at 5 p.m. Monday from Petco Park. That game would go head-to-head with ESPN's "Monday Night Football" telecast of Baltimore-Denver that kicks off at 5:30 p.m.

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Easy choice. Every time I watch the Pads they lose. So I am watching the Chargers.

3. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    same here, I will just keep my sports ticker on the bottom of my tv!

4. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Every time the Charger's game goes to commercials, watch some of the Padres game:icon_toast: :icon_toast:

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    I'll be at the game. Problem solved.

BTW, who are theses "Padres" you speak of?

6. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    thank goodness for TiVo. but will definitely be watching the chargers!

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Hehe, I'll be at the CHargers game and I'll be TiVo'ing the Chargers game as well.

Screw the Padres. I can already tell you what will happen, 853 men will be left stranded on base, Pujols will not be walked intentionally and will find some way to wreck the Pads chances of winning, AGAIN. They got lucky yesterday.

8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I've done it before & I'll do it again...

I'll be at a sports bar monitoring both crucial games at the same time! :tup:

9. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    Easy choice for me.

I am not much of a baseball fan.

I do hope the Padres wins because, well, it's SD. Good reason huh.:yes:

10. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    i would normally agree with you ridethelightning, but not today, i got a good feeling about the later start. first of all we wont have to be subjected to the douchebag commentators explaining how the shadow of home plate is the reason we suck. constantly using the telepromter to show us the shade line from the pitchers mound as often as john maddens caught circling sea gull ****. plus were a west coast team. PADS WIN TONIGHT, BANK ON IT!!!