1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Padres season already done.

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by tboltzcali, Apr 23, 2008.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107
    Picket the stadium for an upgrade, not a patched up team. Moores needs to dig into his pockets and put quality on the field. This might be the worst year for attendence since they opened Petco.

2. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I feel bad for the fans that live in San Diego, they were sold on the "if you build it, we will put a good product on the field"

Moores is a lyin bastard.

:tdown:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    While I'm panicking and the like over this, may I note that the Yankees last year and other teams in the past have been in worse situations then we are and still made the playoffs. We haven't even played 1/4 of the season. And we usually have sucked in April before really getting on fire in May.

4. -Scar-

-Scar- thedoomship.com

Ratings:
    +205
    :tdown: @ A New Field For The pads To Play Like This
    Yet The Bolts Are Deserving Of So Much Better

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    :lol:

People are beginning to see why I have come to hate the Padres for their complete lack of comprehending how to upgrade the team.

Tervor was done last year. Jim Edmonds is fukin old and can't run. Peavy is always gonna great, too bad he will need another uniform to ever win a ring though. I feel bad for him, he pitches sooo good then has no run support, terrible. And it's not like that happens every once in a while, that's EVERY GAME HE PITCHES IN. Padres have some, good young talent, but surrounding them with geriatrics and scrubs won't help them get better.

Enjoy your fail season Pads fans. I stopped supporting this failure of a franchise when it became more than apparent to me that the Pads have a cheap *** owner who will not spend money to get the type of players the team needs to win. Shame too, because Petco is beautiful. Too bad the team on the field is fukkin up the view.

(and yes I know the Dogers are barely breathing right now as well, but once Joe Torre figures out who to play and who to ditch, and the Dodgers will, the future looks pretty good. At least the Dodgers don't piss themselves at the thought of making a signifigant trade deadline move)

• Like Like x 1
  6. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    But the yanks always have had a way more competitive team than the padres. this year, the padres are an offensive mess and cant hit the damn ball.

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,626
    This year? This has been an ongoing trend for the Pads for years.

Watch them try to sign Bonds for his "offense". Watch.

8. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Where is all the BATTERS now. We have none right now. When the trade deadline approaches the Pads better get some BATTERS to go with all the excellent pitching that we have. :icon_evil:

This just pisses me off that we can not year after year can not get some hitters here. :icon_evil:

The padres have a pithcers friendly park but that does not mean that all that the Padres need to do is get pitching. They need hitters as well. So Towers and Moores get your heads out of your a$$es and get some BATS for Damn sakes. :icon_evil:

I am sick of this. All of the greatness that is Jake Peavy is being squandered on lack of hitting. I can say the same for Chris Young and Greg Maddux. :icon_evil:

I want Fugging BATS. is that too much to ask for now. :icon_evil:

I am about ready to betray the Padres for another organization. :icon_evil:

BATS BATS BATS BATS BATS BATS BATS. :icon_evil:

9. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    It's disheartening to see the Padres keep doing what they've been doing for decades---they grow some stars, and then get rid of 'em when they start costing big bucks. The fact that good players WIN GAMES apparently doesn't mean a damned thing to the cheap SOB who owns the team, which has always pissed me off.

Frankly, I haven't followed the Pads closely for years because of that. I was totally into the team when I was young and kept up with their fortunes through the mid-80s, but after that it just got too friggin discouraging. They're forever snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and it stinks.

10. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    Ive been saying it for years now..ask BFISA. The padres have lacked hitters the last 3-4 years now and that cheap *** wont spend money to get some good talent. Oh, yea, Petco is a pitchers park but didnt you dumbass owners forget you still gotta hit the damn ball? Doubles and singles hitters wont do it for us. As you can tell the last two games including tonite's, our lineup is BS. Cant scrape enough hits and runs to beat the last place team, oh wait, we are in last.

11. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    I wonder if the pads will even break the 500,000 mark for attendence. I think padre fans should stage a walk out!!

12. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    I listened to an interview with Sandy Alderson earlier this week and he genuinely seemed surprised that we our offense is so bad. Hello, wasn't the big question mark by virtually every single person who follows baseball and doesn't work for the team predicting we'd struggle offensively? The lack of clutch hitting has been minimized by a very good pitching staff for a few years. Last year, the toll on the pitching staff began showing and they came down to earth the last few months of the season and it has carried over into this season. Kevin Towers even admits that there is absolutely no margin for error by any pitcher and it's showing. Yes, the ball will carry further when the weather warms up, but at 7 1/2 games out after getting swept by the Giants at home, we are now further from first place than any team in all of baseball! Ouch.

13. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    we will be out of by the all star break!!

14. Boltage Bimbo

Boltage Bimbo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    OMG! They haven't even played 25 out of 160+ games yet and everyone is jumping ship. WTF? At least let them get more than half way through the season before you call it over. They always do better in May, June & July just check their record. :yes:

This is the very reason why San Diego sports fans have such a bad rep for being "Fair Weather Fans". True die hard fans would never be talking about their team this way after just 23 games.

Come on guys, give em a break, give em some time. :tup:

(Just a side note on the attendance, I personally would love to go to a game but at $4+ a gallon for gas can't afford to. Maybe that might have a little to do with it for others as well. :icon_shrug:)

• Like Like x 2
  15. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    Its not being fair weather fans when Mr. Moores promised to put competitive teams out there each year. We havent had a competitive team since 98. Alot of us so called fair weather fans are/were diehards. But because of the recent rise in ticket prices, along with other price rises, who is gunna go pay that price to see a below average team? Theres nothing exciting about this team. Us so called fair weather fans have been around the padres for years, and got spoiled with the 98 padres. They didnt win the series but they were acutally exciting to watch. Moores is a cheap skate owner that wont spend to bring product here. Wow, we spent big on Peavy. He isnt going to win us a title. He could only help but he needs 8 other players that can play ball. While everyone else in the west has improved or gotten better, the padres stay put and patch up there team so they can atleast play the game.

16. richpjr

richpjr BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    They don't "always" do better, but have had good luck in the past few Mays. However, the division was also much weaker than it is now while a lot of people could make a very good case that our team is weaker than in seasons past.

Most of the experts picked the Padres to finish 3rd or 4th and they look like they were right. I'm not jumping off the bandwagon but I'm surely not gonna sit here and pretend this isn't a bad team.

Ah, so you don't practice what you preach! :) The $9.00 beers kill me. Sports are getting so freaking expensive that I'm amazed that the major leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB) get as many fans as they do. With parking and gas, it costs me over $100 to go to a game sitting in cheap seats.

17. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    Good news....padres lose 5-1. Get some talent Moores!!!!

18. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings:
    +152
    Mods please rename this thread "San Diego Fair Weather Fans Only"

It is a game. Just a game. You obviously take it far too seriously so you feel you need to cry about it when it doesn't go your way. Well here's a little reminder about that...

:icon_rofl:

(Also the high prices you complained about, consider this: You can get 4 tickets, 4 sodas, 4 hot dogs and parking for less than $100 for a game at Petco (you really don't need the beer). But at a Chargers game it costs a minimum of $96 for 1 nose bleed view seat and parking (no food or drink). I think by far Petco is a better deal hands down.)

19. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    you have got to be kidding me. $100 for 4 tixs 4 dogs and 4 sodas???

$25 For a tix a dog and a soda

This is a good thing???

:icon_huh::icon_huh::icon_huh:

20. Boltage Bimbo

Ratings:
    +152
    Okay you obviously didn't read the quote properly

Try taking a family of 4 out to dinner and a movie today for less than $100, it's $40 just for the movie not to mention food & drink. Plus at Petco you can bring in your own food and picnic on the grass, sure can't do that at a theatre or at Qualcom. Being able to get 4 people into Petco for a game (with food & drink) for less than what it costs for 1 person into Qualcom (no food or drink), yes this is a good thing.

21. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036

when you put it that way.....

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:

22. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Gang, the sooner you realize Moores is a cheapskate that will never win ****, the better. I love the Padres, I just choose not to support them with my hard earned money. Moores has been "making up for lost money due to lawsuits" for 5 years. He sucks, and winning starts at the top.

You need to stop listening to Ted Leitner.

23. Electric Chair

Electric Chair New Member

Ratings:
    +579
    And sorry if I parroted anyone else. Reading about the Padres makes me sick to my stomach, so I admit I didn't read the thread before posting.

24. Greeney03

Greeney03 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree with some of you guys that the Padres offense is terrible! But it's April and we still have a lot of baseball to play.

I believe this team is capable of cashing in 4-5 runs per ballgame.

P.S.

Please do something with Jimmy Edmonds! Please!

25. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    Petco might be a better deal.....considering the prices but I would rather spend my whole day there tailgating at 8am, watching a winning team play than to spend less at a padre game watching a team assembled by a cheap owner. i guess you get what you pay for.

26. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    well it didnt go that way today....2-1 losers. We are the worst team in the NL.

27. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    This is a joke right.... I know they have too, but promoting any of these guys as an All Star calibre player is an absolute Joke.

IMO Jake and Big Bird may get it, but that is it.

[​IMG]

28. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings:
    +851
    To me, only the starting pitching of Peavy and Maddux deserves honors.

They do their best to limit the damage to just a run or two, and the rest of the team screws it up unable to pull out the win.

29. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +107
    bump this thread. Football is back. Padres suck. Someone stage a 7th inning walkout!!!! That would be nice. Unless theres only 5000 fans watching

30. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,919
    It's only fitting since it's the worst team they've fielded since opening PetCo.