1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Padres will bore us until August.

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by tboltzcali, Jan 31, 2008.

1. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Padres again will play for another divison title. No big moves, no offense and a beat up outfield. Only thing worth watching would be there pitching staff, only to see how many games are lost by 2 runs or less. Feel bad for Jake that cant get any run support. not sure why he would sign a big contract with the lack of support he gets on this team. Cant wait til august, football will save me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Why can't some people appreciate good pitching? :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    I do. thats why it will be boring. I like the great pitching but also like the excitement of a good offense to go along with it. Whether anyone likes it or not, you need offense to win ball games as well. I just dont see it again like last year.

4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    you just don't see it again this year like it wasn't last year?

When they were one game reomved from the playoffs?

5. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    Ya one game with how many chances? Old man Trev blew the game a couple of times. Our back end is getin weak as long as trev stays. we still dont have the bats to compete with the AL.

6. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    we didnt do much last year. We didnt go to the playoffs.

7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Completely beyond the point.

8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    I just like wins.

9. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,424
    Third best record in the NL.

It just sucked for us that the two teams with the better record were in the same division.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to pretend last year was a major success worth being giddy about.

I'm simply driving home the point that last year you kept insisting that they were going to drop off and that they suck, much like you're doing now, yet that didn't prevent them from being one game removed from the playoffs.

Had one minor detail gone differently in that one game they would have been in.

This is a simple assessment of how good the team was last year as compared to how good you thought they were as the season was going, not really any kind of assertion of how much success they enjoyed. (or didn't)

10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Right on cue, this ******* flushing the Pads season before the pitchers and catchers even report.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    I like how you all are optimistic and keep your hopes up. this team is not going to win more than a division title anytime soon. why have the dbacks and rockies past us up in the standings? They have a good batch in the minor leagues. We dont have much going on there. The team we put up on the field the last two seasons have been decent, but nothing to get excited about. If you took a serious poll on this team, your probably 2 of few that actually would be excited about the upcoming season. Again, we patched up this team with hopefuls. Jim Edmonds on his decline to fill in a huge hole in center, a broken down brian giles, no serious threat at catcher. heck, we cant even sign Khalil to a longer contract. Our pitching staff once again will have to hold on to the season. While the Dodgers, rockies and Dbacks have made strides, padres have done nothing to improve there chances. Besides there pitching, our offense once again will be ailing. No Bradley, No Cameron...We still have to find a leftfielder. If we added maybe bonds, I can see us somewhat competing..and I say somewhat only depending on there health. If Edmonds comes up and gives us a 30-40/100 year, we might have a chance at a playoff spot. But we still arent a strong contender for a world series....not with our players...and not with our payroll. Like I have said many many times, I grew up watching the padres since the early 80's..when payroll wasnt an issue. i remember watching Brodrick Perkins, Ruppert Jones, Juan Bonilla, Allan Wiggins, Steve Garvey, Carmelo Martinez, Tony Gwynn, Kevin Mac, Sixto Lezcano, TK, Eric Show, to the 90's with that bomb *** squad with Caminiti, Vaughn, Joyner..Im waiting for the padres to bring it back...but so far, they only have on side of the ball...pitching.

12. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +202
    F.UCK BONDS. :tup:

13. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    A great picture dual can be extremely electrifying. I think for the Padres to excel as a pitching centric team they need to improve at holding, and throwing out base runners. I don’t think we can go to the show if we fail to improve at holding the runners at first. It kills us when we give up a walk and it turns out to be equivalent to a double.

14. tboltzcali

Ratings:
    +108
    They need to bigtime improve on that. They also need to improve in the playoffs. Padres dont have all the tools to get a ring. Teams ran on us all last year and I see it happening again this year. Hopefully Edmonds can regain his magic and we can pick up a LF with some bombs. Not sure who is out there.