1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Parcells, Dolphins reach deal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Bill Parcells will not be joining the Atlanta Falcons as head of football operations and has instead agreed to a four-year contract to join the Dolphins in that capacity, The Miami Herald reported Wednesday.

The Herald, citing a source, said Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga was at the team's training facility for an hour, where he spoke with head coach Cam Cameron.

The immediate futures of Cameron and general manager Randy Mueller are currently unknown, the report said.
    The Dolphins declined comment, only saying no contract has been signed, and no one at Huizenga's business office was authorized to comment when reached Wednesday evening by The Associated Press.
    Miami's players were also caught off-stride by the news, which broke after they finished practice. "I don't know anything," defensive end Jason Taylor said.

So, for the second time in less than a week, an off-field story is dominating the conversation at Miami's training complex.
    The first revelation came last Friday: Huizenga has been in talks about selling the team to two real estate developers for about $1.1 billion. Huizenga later said those discussions had been going on for months, and the story has since changed to the billionaire owner considering selling only a 49 percent stake in the team.
    And now this: Parcells, who previously coached the Giants, Patriots, Jets and Cowboys, is apparently set to return to the NFL. "Really?" defensive lineman Vonnie Holliday said when told by The AP about Parcells' apparent interest in the Dolphins. "You can't control it. But somebody like the Big Tuna, regardless of who's in the front office or who's not, brings a lot of respect and a lot of credibility with him. He's a Hall of Famer. If you're a free agent out there, that might draw you in."

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Good dig, Johnny!! :tup: :icon_toast:

3. Bolt Action

Bolt Action BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    How long before Cam gets the heave ho?:icon_huh:

4. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    good for the dolphins. Gonna be interesting seeing what the tuna does with that team.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    God I feel sorry for the Falcons, you almost wonder what else can go wrong

6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I hate the Fins and I hate the Tuna, I hope he ruins them for many years to come.

7. twilight15

twilight15 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    I wonder what cam will do...:unsure:

8. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    smart hire by miami.

sucks to be atlanta:no:left at the altar again.....

9. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Let's wait and see if any more can go wrong for Parcells after getting his mitts on the Fish. He's starting from scratch, from a lower point than any other of his previous teams. Cam and his staff can't be feeling too spiffy right now. Huizinga wants to sell. Scouting will be a mess and Parcells is gettting a late start. If he brings in a new coaching staff, new scouts and new players it will take years. May take that anyway and I'm not sure Parcells has the patience. He won't have his customary say on the field. He's going to be a office schlub with his pud in his hand. The Fish are more than a few players away. Theirs is a roster in which no player could start on a number of teams in this league and the majority would have problems starting on all but a handful of teams. Is Bill suited to what is essentially and expansion team? Now we find out.

10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'm alway's looking for a new job. Someone need's to get my number to Blank and let him know "The Chosen One" is available.:yes: I'd even go to Atlanta for the right price. :icon_rofl:

11. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    Why do you hate the Dolphins? :icon_huh:

12. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I don't like the Dolphins either. :icon_shrug:

I used to have a ******** boss that loved them. I take great joy in knowing he is miserable when they lose. :yes:

13. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Cam and staff may not be out the GM most likely will be.

14. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    The Falcons got shafted.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    No they did not.

Do not believe the LIES the media is trying to portray or even some of our own posters.

Parcells NEVER signed a contract.

If he had signed and then said FU, then yes I would agree but he did not.

Parcells got a better deal.

Good for him.

16. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    There is no way that Cameron stays on as head coach.

No way.

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Agree. Parcells has been in the league a long time as a successful head coach and he has people he is going to want to bring in and not knowing much about cam, the W-L record will make it easy for him to clean house.

18. RMANCIL

RMANCIL Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223
    Cam has strong ties to Bobby Knight who Parcels respects a great deal so from what I have read it isn't a 100% lock that Cam is gone. We shall see.

19. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    I'm not a fan of Parcells at all, and I don't know if I like this move by the Dolphins. I think that there is a good chance that Cam is let go, which leads to this question, would you bring Cam back as offensive coordinator?

20. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Not a Parcells fan either, & I don't think that he has the patience to take a team this far in the tank back to respectability. This is not a good move for the fish, IMO. :no:

21. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    After our victory over the Fins in that Epic playoff game, that piece of **** Shula basically came out in his post game interview and said, The BEST team lost today and every since that day I hate them worse than any other team.

• Like Like x 1
  22. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +715
    Dolphin-safe Tuna:icon_rofl: