1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Paris Hilton is going to jail

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thumper, May 5, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Paris Hilton sentenced to 45 days in jail

By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A judge sentenced a shocked and tearful Paris Hilton to 45 days in jail on Friday, ruling that the hotel heiress violated her probation for a previous traffic offense by knowingly driving without a valid license.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Sauer rejected Hilton's defense that she didn't realize her license was suspended and ordered the 26-year-old socialite to report to a county detention facility on June 5.

Hilton wept and her mother, Kathy, yelled at the prosecutor, "You're pathetic," as the packed courtroom cleared.

The stunning decision capped a two-hour hearing in which prosecutors argued that Hilton was thumbing her nose at the court and seeking to be placed above the law, while defense lawyers said she was being singled out for harsh treatment because of her celebrity.

Taking the witness stand in her own defense, the star of the reality TV show "The Simple Life" testified that she was unaware her driving privileges had been completely suspended at the time police stopped her and impounded her car on February 27.

Hilton said her publicist, Elliot Mintz, had told her she was permitted to drive for work-related reasons after the first 30 days of her license suspension late last November, and that she relied on what he had said.

But the judge said he did not believe Hilton, pointing to a notice she had received from a police officer, and had signed, during another traffic stop in January.

LINK

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Your tax dollars hard at work...

3. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I sure hope that this doesnt lead to a life of crime.

"Hilton said her publicist, Elliot Mintz, had told her she was permitted to drive for work-related reasons after the first 30 days of her license suspension late last November, and that she relied on what he had said."

And what does he know about the law?

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    lock her *** up and throw away the freakin key

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I think they should give her house arrest at my place...I'll teach her right from wrong :yes: :tup:

6. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Paris Hilton is an oxygen thief...........too bad that's not considered a crime, otherwise she'd be doing 25 to Life.

I don't know why so much time and thought is wasted on this micro-cephalopod, anyway. So she's rich. So she's blonde. Big, fat, hairy assed deal..........chicks like her are a dime a dozen in Hollywood. What makes this particular bimbo special?

7. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'd say it's all her cash. When you've got that much money, everyone wants to be your friend. :icon_shrug:

8. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I'll be her friend if she buys me Chargers season tickets for life [​IMG]

9. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I hope she took her night light camera with her so we can see her being made a beotch live on the internet.