1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PAT rules will be changed. How about a three-point conversion?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Fossil, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Reading how the owners are considering tweaks to the PAT. What about keeping the current kick and run options and adding a one-shot, score-or-die, three point-try (run or pass, not kick) from the 35 yard line or so? Could lead to some interesting scenarios.
    (My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives).

2. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +635
    I would actually love to see a game with no kicking or punting, so 4th and 15 on your own 20, go for it, but at least if you don't make it the other team has to score a TD

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Just curious why would the other team have to score a TD. Isn't a loss of downs....oh just got it. No kicking would be nice but I love kick returns so I wouldn't be in favor. Plus a game winning 50+ field goal is exciting to watch.

4. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    End of soccer players in football

5. Bonzi Jones

Bonzi Jones BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +84
    With all the touchbacks in the league now after the rule change, it must be great for you to be a Chargers fan seeing that our kicker cant get the ball deeper than 2 yards into the endzone on a good day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Not one opinion on having the option of a one, two, or three-point try after a touchdown?
    I should'a started a thread on punting. :whistling:

7. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    When I read "PAT Rules will be changed", I thought, "Finally!..... they're getting rid of the stupid Tuck Rule." :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    On a three point try, the ball is placed at the 20 yard line.
    Score (no first downs), you get 3 points and get to kick off. Miss, and the other guys take over at the 35.

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +375
    Lol literally read that as P.A.T. rules changed and was like what does that have to do with Brady.

10. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I don't like it. The game we all love will be totally different I'm in 15 years with changes like this.

To me. It has too much of an XFL, or Arena feel to it.

• Agree Agree x 1