1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Patriots-Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Blincoe, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Looks as if my boys are coming to town following a HUGE win...the Pats sent the Ravens packing in overtime. Brady-Branch are back and connecting. The Pats maligned defense stopped the front running Ravens on five consecutive possessions.

The Chargers are on life support and need something positive to happen...a win over the Patriots could recharge a talented but snake-bit Chargers team.

Both teams have something to prove next week...the Patriots want to be taken seriously again, and the Chargers need to prove all that talent can put it together and win big.

I hope it's a great game, and to the winner goes some bragging rights....;)

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

2. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Whatever. No Gates, this isn't a game.

Chargers could easily be 2-7 before we blink an eye, I expect us too lose vsNE, vsTEN, and @Hou.

3. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    :lol:

Enjoy your trip to San Diego..... :lol:

We're done.

4. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Rivers will have to make a HEROIC performance.....to keep us within 21pts of the Patriots.

5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    It looks like all of Ocean Beach and part of Mission Beach will be there at the Q repping their team with their Red Sox hats Tom Bradee Love Child T-shirts...

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Is Belicheck in jeopardy of losing his Job? Cause we could really use him.

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    the Chargers get up for the good teams, this will be a close game, hopefully a Chargers win

8. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556

:icon_high:

9. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    The Pats are gonna destroy us big time, but Tom Brady looks like a tranny so at least we have a victory somewhat.

10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    We gonna get raped

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I almost guarantee Gates is not playing in this game, and likely next week either.

We're ******. Lets talk about what we're going to do with our top 10 draft pick. I think we should pull a Bellichick and trade back a dozen times and build up draft picks for a future dynasty. Maybe AJ Green, maybe Akeem Ayers, maybe DeAndre McDaniel....can't wait! Chargers 10 weeks till we're on the clock!

12. BeerGuy

BeerGuy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +80
    This sux! Hopefully this thread is full of reverse psychology to lull us into a false sense of security.........

13. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    I'm sorry to give you the bad news...:icon_sad:...but your team is going to take us too the woodshed next week.

I know, I know...its dissapointing for you, but you'll get over it.:broncfan:

14. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I was serious, Brady does kind of look like a tranny.

But seriously, no intelligent football fan should give one ounce of hope in the chargers winning next week. The pats have a steady flow of the intangibles needed week in week out, we showed up with zero of any today.

You're team shows up to play, and hit, and fight for a win. Regardless the name on the back of the jersey you've been able to plug and play the same mentality for years now, we do not have that. We lose our best receiver and all hope is lost for many fans. You on the other hand probably don't worry as much when your key guys go down, as you're used to guys no one has heard of doing his job and coming up big. How many cases can you think of that fit that mold? I'm not even a Pats fan and I can think of several.

I have no beef with you or the fact that you're bringing a better team into San Diego next week. I do admit it would be much more fun if that wasn't the case.

Good luck.

15. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Well this will be the test for the Bolts. If they can't get up for a home game against the Pats, then there is little hope in Charger town. This should be a good game, but the Pats are better than the six teams we have played, and we have not shown much spunk...or talent. 28 - 24 Chargers!

16. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I expect The Patriots to destroy the Chargers so completely that they won't even bother with dancing on the logo. This game looked good at the beginning of the season and I was planning on going, but I can't give up the 3 days of my life to watch them get humiliated like this. Good luck in the playoffs, but I won't lie, I'll still be hoping you don't win another superbowl, even if that means the Steelers do.

17. szarmes

szarmes I am the Walrus

Ratings:
    +37
    Hey don't worry people, we're gonna have some good draft choices and we're gonna have 3 second round picks!!!! This year is just a warmup for a decade of domination!
    But back on topic, it'll be a close game. I think we can find a way to win it

18. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    How are we going to have 3 second rounders?

19. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    We need a win real bad... :tup:

20. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Pats win this game. Stick a fork in the Bolts.

21. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings:
    +117
    Pats always find a way to win. Chargers seem to find ways to LOSE.

As I said....Pats win this game. I don't care it's at home or not.

22. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Buck your Patriots will Destroy the Chargers. It will be a slaughter in my opinion. I see 42-0 and a Huge Dominating win for the Patriots.

23. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    What's everyone talking about?

We are undefeated!*

*at home

The Bolts will be up for this challenge, PR will not let us down.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    The "Chosen One" will carry the team and the fans.

The fans who are pouting now will have to repent their evil ways for doubting that is until we hit the playoffs or even a 500 record.

25. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I can actually see the Chargers winning this one. But only because both teams really don't know what they are yet.

26. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I can't get over the defeatest (if thats the right word) nature of lots of you right now. Yes it would like we are up against it but I am amazed how many of you are jumping ship. If Norv were removed today would you change your tune?.

27. setanta74

setanta74 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2
    You think Philip Rivers is thinking about draft picks already and where he may go on vacation next January?? Hell No....The AFC West sucks. 8-8 could possibly win this division AGAIN!!..I know it sucks and we shouldnt be in the position we are in but come on guys...the fat lady may be clearing her throat but she's not on stage just yet.

28. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Hope it rains.

Oh...wait...nevermind :)

29. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Unlikely. The Chiefs have already weathered the difficult part of their schedule and are still in 1st. We should be favored in every remaining game, though I certainly anticipate dropping some of them with a young team. They certainly let one slip away against a very good Texan's team yesterday. At this point, a realistic estimate is 10-6 - 11-5.

30. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    The Chargers gimmick of jump balls, seven step drops, slow developing plays, is tired and worn out. We have no push on either one of our lines, our special teams is a joke, I don't even know who our F***ing offensive coordinator is.

yeah, it should be a great game.